jeudi 10 septembre 2026

FULLY FINISHED GALLERY 09/26

  




It's the 10th of this month and Rachel from "Ten Hour Stitcher"
used to welcome us and our Fully Finished achievements.

Her blog is on pause but I want to keep this event as a special day welcoming my fully finished projects.


It's time to go back to school for students and my grandchildren are back to studies.

I have seen many "layers of atmosphere" displays on the net and I like how sciences are often shown in English classroom with DIY works and I thought it would be something nice to make for a kid.

So this is my little gift for Capucine and perfect right time to match with our French astronaut Sophie Adenot in the ISS since February and having Extra Vehicular Activity.

 





I have cut a pocket to protect it in a laminated wallpaper, it's white and she'll be able to put stickers to decorate it as she likes.


Selection of the 5 cardboards for the atmosphere layers.

Find a small Earth in a magazine.




Adding names, distances, temperatures. Gluing small pieces of cardboard between each layer.



Then I thought it needed more informations about our Solar System and the 7 planets.

Last addition, the mnemonic phrase I choose to remember planets order and names : Me Voilà Toute Mignonne, Je Suis Une Noisette.

kind of : here I am all cute, I'm a hazelnut.   Noisette being the name of her rabbit pet!



Le 1er septembre, nos petits enfants lycéen et écolière ont fait leur rentrée scolaire.

J'aime bien la façon dont les écoles anglosaxones illustrent les sciences par des maquettes fabriquées en cours avec les enfants. Et j'ai vu de nombreux modèles concernant les couches de l'atmosphère qui m'ont donné envie d'en bricoler un pour Capucine.

Après avoir choisi et découpé les cinq couches, ajouté les noms, distances, températures, j'ai voulu compléter ces informations avec une présentation basique des planètes de notre Système Solaire. Sans oublier une phrase mnémotechnique pour mémoriser leur ordre et leurs noms.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire