samedi 2 avril 2016

ALPHABET CLUB TAC I

It's time to update   The Alphabet Club  post,  only the second day of April and already the first Saturday of the month, so we're back with the letter : I

more details here

https://thegreytail.wordpress.com/2016/04/02/the-alphabet-club-link-up-post-i/

The creators of those monthly events offered us a quite total liberty to how develop them. My post will show this letter into worlds of stitching, words, drawings, designs, garden, cooking, music and travels.
Evocation of  a word begining with the letter linked to DIY activities.



I comme indienne
Une Indienne était un tissu peint ou imprimé fabriqué en Europe du xviie siècle au xixe siècle,
généralement dans les tons de rouge à cause de la racine de plante utilisée pour sa teinture : la garance.
Ces étoffes "indiennes" car initialement importées des comptoirs des Indes. Toiles peintes, Indiennes ou Perses, répondant aussi aux noms de madras, pékin, gougourans, damas ou cirsacs étaient strictement interdites à l'importation à partir du xviie siècle.

Indienne (from Eastern India), was a type of printed or painted textile manufactured in Europe between the 17th and the 19th centuries and resembling similar textile originally made in India.
They received various other names as madras,pékin (Peking), perse (Persia), gougourandamas, and cirsacs. The beautiful, vibrant, colors came from the garance plant for red, indigo for blue, and gaude for yellow.
Indiennes were extremely popular, and attempts at import substitution were soon made. In 1640, Armenian merchants introduced Indian textile printing techniques at the port of Marseille. Later, England (1670) and Holland (1678) would also adopt the technique.
[wiki]
The first link is a museum in Mulhouse and the second in Tarascon  I visited 

http://souleiado-lemusee.com/


I comme iris folding


   premiers essais en 2015

















I comme iforinfluence

DeviantArt is an online art gallery,
where you can find DD3 drawings...

http://iforinfluence.deviantart.com/gallery/


 




Final fantasy 7  world

















I comme initiale

I finished my two last stitchings for Easter, B & C...

and a little story to share, my initial name is Q, and my mother told me once that she stitched one on a napkin to bring to school for canteen time, big laughs followed when I discovered at past 20 that I have always asked myself  "why have she choosen an apricot to stitch in the middle of my napkin?" as apricot wasn't a common fruit in our aera no more than a favorite one!
Stem wasn't in the right way that's all.

Petite histoire de brodeuses en famille, j'ai découvert très tard que ce que je prenais pour un abricot brodé au milieu de ma serviette de table de cantine était en fait une initiale Q retournée.




I dans la ville ou plutôt ici dans le jardin

I  in the city or here in the garden







I comme infusion  (herbal tea)

grande consommatrice de tisanes et autres infusions
et avec une forte addiction au thé...

lavande, verveine (verbena),


l'occasion de partager quelques bricolages autour d'une grande tasse..



confection de mini enveloppes et petites cartes à messages attachées à différentes saveurs de thé de chez Whittard achetées au Comptoir Irlandais

to present an assortment of Whittard teabags (as Christmas gift), making of small enveloppes containing miniature cards with tea stories or proverbs,
each tea you drank give you a card to read with a personnal though for you




so much ideas about tea to share, it needs a special post, I hear you say "why not a "T" post" sorry because T is already reserved for tarte (pie)!





  dans le jardin,  I comme iris


sur ma platine vinyl

                                                             le groupe "Il était une fois"

in my travel memories,
dans mes souvenirs de voyages
   
Innsbruck                                                                                         (internet pic)


Il nous faut nous quitter maintenant, j'en serai     Inconsolable...to leave you now.

6 commentaires:

  1. Tu as trouvé tant de choses à nous montrer commencant par I. Très intéressant de lire l'article sur l'indienne et la prochaine fois que je serai à Mulhouse je visiterai ce musée dont tu écris. D'ailleurs, cette tasse cousu est très jolie, je devrais en avoir le dessin quelque part. Bonne idée de nous montrer toutes ces initiales.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Interesting post of Is! Of course I love the FFVII images. :D

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. What a wonderful variety of 'I' items. thanks for a great post.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. So many goodies packed into this post! And some lovely stitching too. Loved those monograms :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I love your post! Can't wait for your "T" post now... tarte... yummy - although I think you will have to do one about tea and tartes!! :o)
    Hugs xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Another great alphabet post. I will be looking at your daughter's Deviant Art pages now. I belong to that website but don't post much.
    Love the story about discovering the apricot was actually your initial letter after all these years!

    RépondreSupprimer