dimanche 17 mai 2020

GIFTED GORGEOUSNESS 05/20


Welcome to the May update for the Gifted Gorgeousness, we usually met on the 15th (I'm a little late) as Jo from Serendipitous Stitching hosted this blogging event. You'll find here all participants and their lovely works :

https://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/2020/05/may-gifted-gorgeousness-link-up-post.html






I mostly work for my grandchildren this year, some dolls kits bought in the local fair from the designer Zazobouzi and new ideas that came up because of the confinement.

My alphabet is growing every month ; new letters are :


for a total of 32 and a score of 23/26 for a complete alphabet.


I'm still sewing the clothes for Violette n° 2 and Félix, let's see the result of Thursday sewing session before my machine got crazy making bad points.



Can't call it "gifts" but I was happy to sew some masks for the family (14 done), here is DD1 lot
even Violette got one.


Voici le lot complet de masques réalisés entre autres pour la famille P, pour les parents, les enfants et la poupée.

I wanted to be back on crochet and knitting with small projects. That's why doll's clothes are on my list to use the wool/fabric stash (Mum's and mine).

My first attempt with knitted jacket was not a success, I remembered a pattern my Mum used but the black wool didn't go well with the white one and I went back to crochet, easier to do (and hide mistakes...) and the wool I used for the dresses was allright to add some jackets to the wardrobe. You can make in one piece the back of the sleeves and the right front side then you add the back and the left side and finish with the collar.











A last row for the smart finish and the final look is up to you.


De nouvelles vestes au point bride pour finir mes pelotes de laine Phildar . Un patron plaisant à réaliser, un montage facile et des finitions avec un point écrevisse




As the white curly wool is finished,
the new crochet project
is about crochet fork work.

I have done two shawls years ago and
want to do it again trying a tiny size,



Thin wool, 1.75  crochet and a 2 cm large knitting pin as a tiny crochet fork.


Nouvel essai au crochet, une mini étole au crochet à la fourche avec une laine blanche fine et quelques accessoires réadaptés pour un ouvrage de taille miniature.


I kept some old clothes from girls knowing the jersey fabric will be nice for some doll clothes,


Maybe a beach dress, a jogging trouser, skirt and sailor sweater will be on my list!

Voici le challenge du pull rayé : combien de pièces différentes puis-je réaliser avec un haut de pyjama : une robe de plage, un pantalon de jogging, une jupe et une marinière peut-être.

So here is the challenge : How many different clothes can I make with this 4y old pyjama top?

5 commentaires:

  1. The doll looked so sweet wearing a mask.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love the little doll-sized mask you made, what a sweet idea to encourage the children to wear their own masks.
    I think you can make some lovely clothes from the striped top. What about a cover-up for the beach?

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I love your masks and doll clothes. The little crochet cardigans are super cute. I'm thinking you will easily have enough fabric in that top to stitch up your list plus a nice warm dressing gown.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Those are so cool! And I love the mask for Violette. I failed at making masks, but maybe I could figure out a small one for DD's bear. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Great masks, especially Violette's! Such sweet crocheted pieces, have you ever tried an adult version?
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you clothes you come up with using that top.

    RépondreSupprimer