samedi 16 janvier 2021

GIFTED GORGEOUSNESS 01/21

Welcome to the first Gifted Gorgeousness post of the year!

Bienvenue dans notre rendez-vous de mi-janvier, c'est le moment du Gifted Gorgeousness que vous retrouverez le 15 de chaque mois.

Voici le très joli logo qui va nous accompagner cette année !


https://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/2021/01/gifted-gorgeousness-january-link-up-post.html

Here is the lovely logo Jo choose for this monthly meeting about gifts. Given or received, these gifts can be part of your stitchings and will be perfect to participate to her SAL.

I was in Harry Potter spirit finishing the cushion I made last month, I offered it before Christmas to my SiL and he was happy to put it on the sofa. Small balls of red and yellow wools in my stash so I knitted a scarf for Félix (fabric doll).


Ces laines rouge et jaune, parfaites pour une petite écharpe pour Félix dans l'esprit HP.

Next new knitted dress for fashion dolls, I choose white and pale rose for a pattern with complete white ranks and smaller rose ones to make the dress larger than the top. I am using my Mum metal needles and sometimes I feel more ice skating then knitting. I often loose stitches too hard to re-fish so I have already unknitted many ranks (I'm sure the dress with be finish if I add them to my update!).




I wanted to make the birthname of my granddaughter in wool. The lenght was ready but no time during Christmas to put the metal  into it. It's done now and with this test, her Mum will only have to choose the high of the letters. In this example, the letters are 12 cm high for one meter long.




Ma longueur de tricotin était prête pour la réalisation du prénom de Capucine mais nous n'avons pas trouvé le temps pour les finitions au moment de Noël. J'ai passé le fil métal à l'intérieur et fait un premier essai avec des lettres de 12 cm pour une longueur d'un mètre.

The last gift I gave to Capucine was a hammock for her doll Violette, she found an unsual place to set it... on her toy kitchen, could be nice to turn the sauce with your right hand not leaving your comfortable bed, of course be sure not to burn yourself.














To end this post, there is a funny story I want to share with you about what happened to our grandchild before Christmas. They have received the visit of two facetious elves, it's the "Elf on the shelf" tradition  my daughter found on internet and she took pictures and made a funny memory book . Perfect for the 4 years old Capucine and her older brother Timothé. 

So the first day they received an explaining letter and the second day in the mail box were delivered the two elves.

Une lettre annonça début décembre aux enfants l'arrivée de deux lutins facétieux qui allaient les accompagner pendant l'avent en attendant Noël.



Chaque nuit, ils s'amusent à faire des farces que les enfants découvrent à leur réveil. Voici quelques morceaux choisis parmi leurs aventures.

Each night they make jokes so every morning the kids discovered what happened during the night. Always funny for sure and here are some pranks I like more.     Making photos playing with the printer.


Dansing with Barbie and playing Scrabble.


They taped the kids room doors



Playing in the kitchen, I love the "flour angel" and fruits make-up.



Playing markers on the bath and on dad's face while sleeping.


Finally the kids found the two elves wrapped among the Christmas gifts, Santa decided to leave them in their new home.

Les enfants ont trouvé leurs lutins emballés parmi leurs cadeaux, le Père Noël ayant décidé de les laisser dans leur nouveau foyer.

4 commentaires:

  1. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The Harry Potter scarf is wonderful, I think the dolls like their gifts! But the insurance company will not be happy about the oven hammock!
    Looks like they had a lot of fun with the elves too. Will you be required to make clothing for them next year?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Your family receive interesting craft gifts from you. I like the idea of the child's name in wool.
    Your daughter's 'Elf on the Shelf' memory book made me smile. It was a good idea and gave the children something to look forward each day in the run-up to Christmas.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. lots of crafting going on in your house. What a lovely idea of the memory book and something interesting for the grandkids to look forward to each morning - fun photos and drawings with the elves. Sweet little hammock and doll´s dress.

    RépondreSupprimer