mardi 13 avril 2021

THE TENTH BLOGAVERSARY

Some days ago, Jo posted about her 10th blogaversary...

She did a list of a Ten Things Tag and ask us to join eventually.

It is my 10th year too, so I'm in!


Here is a link to her blog and to other stitchers sharing this anniversary party.


https://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/2021/04/ten-things-for-tenth-blogaversary.html


1.    The tenth project you completed
Well, I have no idea as I sew, stitch and so on since I'm a kid. But I remember that I was really interested in cross stitching looking my Mum making some small patterns for cards when I was thirty. I was organizing my wedding and the christening of DD1 and reading one of her book found a lovely initials pattern I could used for stitched table marks as gifts for our guests. So the 10th project I have completed is among the 29 letters I stitched.


2.    The tenth blog post you made
My tenth post was about a fabric book I made for my grandson 
(01.2011). Can't realise he'll be 10 next July.



3.    The tenth blog in your blog roll (or your reader or however you follow blogs)
A shoehorn for this one. I looked for the tenth comment Jo wrote to me. It's was in 07-06-2014 for a post participating to June Theme-a-licious SAL from Geeky Heather.

4.    A designer you have stitched more than ten designs
More than ten designs, that's a lot. First I thought I won't be able to answer this question but the answer is : Brin par Brin.
7 from the Christmas market, 1 from the serie a guest in my kitchen and 2 from stitching birds.















5.    A project that took/is taking more than ten years to complete

I'm afraid that it will be Autumn.

6.    A design on the theme of "ten"

It is the tenth day of my Christmas calendar, some fruits display.




7.    The tenth colour on your current project.  Do you use this colour a lot?
My current project is "Knitting" and the tenth colour is pink 3688
It's the colour of the cheeks (only 16 stitches) and the cup of tea.




8.    Your tenth WIP for WIPocalypse, WIPGO or whatever list you make

On last year Wipocalypse list, the tenth WIP was loto game made with fabric and fleece for the kids.




9.    Your tenth finish this year (or last year if you haven't finished ten so far this year)
For a friend visiting on a Wednesday afternoon, I hurry up to make before noon some bamboo cotton and fabric make-up cleaners.



10.    How has your stitching style changed in the last ten years?

No change about frogging, it's even worst those past months. 

Being retired and "lockdowned" is the real recent change, I should be more efficient having more free time but the rhythm of the day is slow and cool (after 42 years of an office work and a 3 kids home). 
Maybe it's because of a math problem you can summarize in this formula :
free time  x  3     and    DIY ideas-projects   x   30


It was quite a challenge to share this ten things list but amusing.


So Happy Blogaversary Jo! 
Thanks to allways share your happy moments with us!


6 commentaires:

  1. An interesting selection of 10 items. I enjoyed reading this.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Oh, I love this. I'll have to join in as well. So nice to see some of your projects from years ago as well. Enjoy the time to relax!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. it was challenging, advents were a great help. Enjoyed your 10 tens

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Thanks for joining in with my Celebrations and your grandson's age too!
    Love the designs you have shared with us. I like those initials and the lovely Christmas Market series too.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Beautiful stitching! I particularly love your project Knitting; do you know where I can find the pattern?

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Joyeux anniversaire de blog ! 10 ans déjà ?! On continue d'y croire pour Automne ! �� DD3

    RépondreSupprimer