vendredi 7 octobre 2022

MENU DU JOUR

Back from my eye surgery, no idea what I'll be able to do during the next days, so...

It's a long time I have posted about food...


Première intervention sur ma cataracte faite, je ne sais pas trop sur quel genre d'ouvrages je vais pouvoir travailler pendant les prochains jours, donc...   cela fait très longtemps que je n'ai cuisiné sur ce blog...


For a barbecue party I made some Madeira jelly in verrine glasses, it's refreshing and tasty.

Tomatoes, green peas, carrots and some celery stick and I added a quail's egg


Parfait pour un menu fraicheur, les préparations à la gelée de Madère. Présentées en verrine ou dans un moule à charlotte, elles offrent une infinie variété de recettes.





A recent big one with leftover of ray fish with capers



I love to make tiramisu  (coffee, strawberry, raspberry, pineapple etc...)


Blanc d'oeufs en neige, mascarpone, framboises du jardin
et liqueur de framboise





This time I tried it with Fossier "pink biscuits" from Reims and some raspberries liquor







Next times I'll bought two boxes so I'll have some left to decorate the top or some smaller ones (not so easy to find) but great for a nice finish.


During last holidays in Normandy we had some delicious meals in local restaurants and I want to share the menu from "La Cressonière" in Veules-les-Roses, a "crêperie" -pancake restaurant- we discovered by chance.

I love the way they used buckwheat pancake as a bowl for watercress.



Cider and pancakes were delicious and we had an amazing "café gourmand", every thing homemade

Mini profiterolle, crème brulée, crêpe sucrée, chantilly, fruits
et café bien sûr.


Of course, fish and mussels, and I want to share that special "carte" for special courses.



To answer to your wife calls :

He just left

Haven't seen him this week

It's been weeks since he came

He never comes here

From 1.50 € to 10 €.










2 commentaires:

  1. Everything looks yummy. Love the idea of a buckwheat pancake. Hope you're doing well after your surgery. Take care of yourself.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. The food looks delicious, especially the desserts! Always my favourites. I like the funny pub sign, I used to have to do that when I worked in a pub. In the days when no-one had mobile phones!
    Serendipitous Jo

    RépondreSupprimer