vendredi 21 septembre 2018

4:50 FROM PADDINGTON


I'm a huge fan of Agatha Christie and in my top 5 there is "4:50 from Paddington" so when we went on a steam train to visit the Somme bay and crossed another train very closely I felt the hat of Miss Marple on my head...








Petite balade en train à vapeur dans la Baie de Somme ou comment sentir la présence de Miss Marple dans les fameuses scènes du roman "Le train de 16h50".




I didn't stitch in the train but on our way back yesterday in the car, so here we are :

after



Holidays are almost over, not a lot of hours given to stitching so I'm glad to have good progress on this chart, I'm most probably going to begin a new border on way back home for the next Santa Claus design.

Pas beaucoup d'heures de broderies pendant ces deux semaines alors je suis contente d'avoir quelques progrès sur ce personnage avant de profiter du voyage retour pour commencer le dernier cadre correspondant au sixième motif : le Père Noël.



5 commentaires:

  1. I love Saint-Valery-sur-Somme, we have visited a few times when staying at Etaples and have taken the steam train. This year we took an apartment in Saint Valery and could hear the steam, whistle and diesel chug from our balcony. It was lovely to sit in the sun by the harbour and watch the trains go by, it's a superb place with plenty of history. I blogged about it in my travel blog https://aimetus.blogspot.com/2018/06/saint-valery-sur-somme.html?m=0

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Wonderful adventure on the train, how lovely

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I do love trains too! When I commuted, we had weddings and babies, but thankfully no murders!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Bel article sur les trains, une passion familiale ! Après la visite du musée du train de Swindow, et de vivre à coté de la petite ceinture, j'approuve :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. What an adventure, love the photos, thanks for sharing.

    RépondreSupprimer