samedi 31 juillet 2021

WIPOLYMPICS J8 DAY 8

--------------------------------------
WIPOLYMPICS   J8 DES JO   DAY 8
--------------------------------------

New competitions yesterday :

Escalade / Climbing


A new work for a new sport : Geometry

I don't think this DMC Geometry fabric is still available, I bought some on sale some years ago and still have a piece of white I'd like to stitch. 



I want to try a simple geometric design with four colors.


Peu de grilles pour ce genre de tissu, je vais donc m'inspirer d'un schéma géométrique répétitif avec quatre couleurs. Il sera réalisé en coton perlé n° 5 : bleu 797 - rouge 3685 - jaune 726 -  marron 783.



I only have this image and as I'm well known for miscounting and not comfy with calculating intervals, I hope the pattern will be ok and easy to make.


First DMC pearl cotton n° 5 is the black one. Then I have chosen a bright yellow, a dark red and a honey brown.


With the support of my fans, I went on with a second challenge.


A good light for stitching so my second choice has been perforated paper linked to badmington.


Un beau soleil pour les travaux d'aiguilles donc mon second choix d'ouvrage s'est porté sur le papier perforé.

Badmington racket will figure the perforated paper I'm gonna use.

Perforated paper is almost new to me, I only stitched on some small cards



Quelques rares essais sur papier perforé, bien sûr je rêve devant les créations de Brooke's Books, ses fabuleux personnages de Noël.
Avant de me lancer, un premier essai sur papier Rico sera une bonne approche pour cette nouvelle technique.



I always dreamed seeing Brooke's Books Angel of Christmas ornaments on perforated paper. To train me on this unusual support a simple pattern will be a good start.

I selected a cake on my Cross stitch encyclopedia.
I know you can't compare between Mill Hill paper 18 count and Rico Design.


Un motif simple de gâteau trouvé dans mon encyclopédie de point de croix Marie Claire. Sans comparaison avec le papier Mill Hill, ce papier Rico Design a été préparé par mes soins avec un fond de peinture aquarelle pour cacher le blanc du carton pour ce kougelhopf.

Some watercolor to hide the white of the cardboard. Only used pearl cotton n° 5 from my stash. 




Voici quelques fils croisés pendant la cérémonie d'ouverture... signe d'encouragement !

Here are some crossed threads during the opening ceremony... kind of sign of support!



2 commentaires:

  1. I'm behind in blog reading so haven't seen your Olympic stitching so far. I'm always amazed at your various projects and talents ... these look superb

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. That geometric fabric and pattern are very intriguing! I've never seen anything like it before.
    Colouring the perforated paper is a great idea. Much easier than stitching with three or four strands of thread!

    RépondreSupprimer