vendredi 24 juin 2022

LONGEST MARATHON DIY DAY

This is a fun/serious project inspired by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching.

She always attempt to have her Marathon Day in June (as close as possible to the Summer Solstice).
This year the Solstice date was Tuesday 21st June and she had a very busy day from 9.40 am to 10 pm working on 18 projects for her seventh annual Marathon.

If you want to see her WIPs,  it's right here :

I'm a great fan of her stitching marathon but only suceeded to join once in 2017.

Voici les longues journées de juin et un projet initié par Jo dont je suis avec bonheur "la journée marathon".
La plus longue journée de l'année devrait être consacrée aux travaux d'aiguilles (cela devrait être inscrit dans la loi).

The complicated part was to have a "free whole day", I managed to be able to start around 10 am to 6pm.

Morning was "devoted" to cross stitch :

Cuore e Batticuore : knitting - backstitch for needles









then Mrs Claus, gold threat on the dress and a few other stitches 



then a new project, I'll told you about soon maybee


After my lunch break, some knitting to add one black and one white square to my IPcover.

Then some classic tiny embroideries.

Back to cross stitch with a little black bird on my 2d Cuore e Batticuore


Finishing as a stonemason with some crafting : sticking some paper stones around a pizza oven.


All day long DIY activities is always a great pleasure, I wish I could have it once a month! (could that be proposed by our members of parliament).

Voici les encours sur lesquels j'ai pu oeuvrer avec plaisir tout au long de cette journée très chouette, comme le dit si bien Dentelle de Lune.





2 commentaires:

  1. Wow, you did lots of stitching and everything looks great. Mrs. Claus has been to see her come to completion. You must be doing a little happy dance! I'm not sure I could stitch all day. Believe the hands would bother me too much...as well as knees sitting too much. But, an hour, then move, another hour, and move again...that might make it doable.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks for joining in with the Marathon! I'd love to have one more often. Maybe I could do an hour on each of my older WIPs for the Spring and Autumn Equinoxes? The Shortest Day is always a busy time at work so no chance there!
    I've read all your holiday posts today too, lots of lovely photos. I do like the views of the traditional French buildings.
    Maybe I need a French House for my 3D collection?

    RépondreSupprimer