samedi 4 juin 2022

THE PEOPLE CHOOSE 06/22

 


First Saturday of June means that I'll post about a topic chosen by our stitching friends to be part of the SAL run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching, it's about what you want to see on the blog. 

The result of the votes for this month was : "Beads".

If you're talking about rocaille beads, then we'll travel back in time, look what I kept :


This is the gift I get for Christmas I suppose when I was a teenager.

I have made some necklaces when I was a young adult

Puisque les perles de rocaille sont à l'honneur ce mois-ci, voici quelques colliers réalisés dans les années 80.


avec les boucles d'oreilles assorties.


fabriquée en fil plastique légèrement élastique, bâtonnets et sequins.




monté en chaînette avec des perles vertes et translucides
pour un effet très léger

Je réorganise mes stocks, les perles stockées autrefois dans
des flacons de médicaments... maintenant en tubes rassemblés
par couleur dans des pochettes.



I have reorganized the beads from bottles of medecine
to tubes assembled by color

I recently discovered that necklaces got different names


I have started to make sautoirs with ribbons or small cords



I love this one too, but I'm sorry not to be able to show you my favorite one, simple orange, gold, pearlescent lenghts knotted together which have to be repaired and is stored in a place I don't remember.

Somewhere I have also little dancers and Christmas trees.


Now beads on cross stitching, here is my wisteria plant on the little house.

Une jolie glycine décore la porte d'entrée de ma maisonnette.




In my WIP, I have started to stitch Mrs Claus on perforated paper

Mrs Claus, sur papier perforé, est le parfait en cours pour illustrer cet article car je dois ajouter de petites perles blanches sur sa robe, donc inspection du stock pour trouver la bonne taille de perles.

I have to add some white beads on the dress.

Timing was the best to do it!
I didn't get the chance to buy this as a kit
so I looked into my stash, white beads looked a little big
for the stitching, luckily I had some multicolored tiny beads
I never used and choose to test the white





Perfect size




2 commentaires:

  1. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I love those beaded necklaces and the information about the names of the different lengths. It's nice that you had the perfect beads for Mrs Claus too.
    I think I had a very similar bead loom when I was younger!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Perforated paper is perfect for beads. Your beaded jewelry is very pretty.

    RépondreSupprimer