dimanche 15 janvier 2023

GIFTED GORGEOUSNESS 01/23

 

It's always nice to make gifts, nice too to receive some
and use them in our stitching projects.

It's great and fun to show all this and the perfect place is
on Jo's blog Serendipitous Stitching on the 15th of each month
for the Gifted Gorgeousness post.
*


Cadeaux donnés ou reçus, toutes les occasions sont bonnes
pour partager nos coups de coeur et participer au "Gifted Gorgeousness"
de Jo - Serendipitous Stitching.

Always ready for a cup of tea... but this one is a tiny one and it's the new badge of the Gifted Gorgeousness!

https://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/2023/01/gifted-gorgeousness-january-link-up-post.html


Back to December presents, we visited my cousin Christine and my goddaughter Virginie and I got spoiled with little stitchings kits, a    cushion, some lovely tiny notes.




De très jolis cadeaux rapportés de Fagnières, ma cousine et sa fille m'ont gâtée. J'en ai profité pour une petite démo de point de croix à Soline mais sous la lumière artificielle je me suis trompée entre le blanc et l'écru. Il va donc falloir adapter la couleur de la théière !


I couldn't wait to show cross stitching to Soline, I started that little teapot but I mixed between white and ecru so I'll have to change the pot color.


Then an amazing pop up album made by Jo arrived in the mail box



The papers are all winter designs with lovely animals and blue colors.


Every new page offers you surprising little inserts. What a wonderful gift!


De merveilleux écureuils, chouettes, renards et faons se promènent à travers les pages de ce non moins merveilleux livre pop up réalisé par Jo sur des papiers aux thèmes hivernaux dans un dégradé de bleu.

Chaque page réserve de multiples surprises, cartonnettes, pochettes, volets. Quelle superbe réalisation !

 

In my letter to Santa I have made a wish he could bring me a new cross stitch kit and I received it.

It is the lady with the unicorn - the sight

The Aïda 7 fabric is kind of wine color! Couldn't wait to start it!





J'ai reçu en cadeau ce kit de la
dame à la licorne, très impatiente de
le commencer en ce début d'année.


BOO knitted cover : I'm close to 5 more squares which means I'm reaching the total of 300 squares next week! 

Avec cinq carrés supplémentaires je devrais atteindre le total de 300 carrés pour la couverture BOO la semaine prochaine. Hourra !


There will be two birthdays in February so I chose the "handybag card" I made last September for DD3.

One will use the same paper and the second will be made in pink colors.

Many cuttings, the bag, the handles, the pockets.

Accessories will be pencils, make up, perfume bottle, necklace, mirror, keys, glasses.



Pour les deux cartes d'anniversaire de février prochain, j'ai choisi de refaire le modèle "carte sac à main" réalisé pour l'anniv d'Eve-Amélie.

Je vais utiliser la même série de cartons, rayé violet pour l'une et nuances de rose pour la seconde.


Première étape : découpe du sac, des poignées et des poches.

Puis les accessoires : crayons, maquillage, flacon de parfum, collier, miroir, clés, lunettes.


En passant par la Lorraine,

à défaut de rencontrer des capitaines,

je visite les merceries (comme d'hab !).

Quelques achats chez :

Conservatoire de broderie de Lunéville

Des sachets de sequins et perles mélangées et ce très joli décor que
j'aimerais utiliser en broche ou en accessoire à chignon.


During our holidays in Lorraine (the French title for Frozen is "snow queen" ="la reine des neiges" = Lorraine des neiges !

we visited Lunéville famous for embroidery and I bought this lovely work.

I could use it like a brooch or maybe as an accessorie for bun I love to wear.

It's called embroidery but it's not really cause it's made on the back of the work (tulle) with chain stitch and a tiny crochet. The beads are already on the thread and the stitcher take the beads one by one.

A stitch in time: Discovering French fashion traditions • FRANCE 24 English  (on You Tube)





Très joli travail de broderie de Lunéville, gros plan sur ce montage sophistiqué.



I'll end this post with a candy carousel! When Capucine saw the one I made for the girls on an old picture she asked me to do it again


So here we are, cuting horses shapes in smoked salmon golden carboard, their back in mirror paper, using paper straws



You can add light with small garlands hiden in the top "hat"
and around the middle tower



Then I have chosen marshmallow bears as horsemen
and many different candies which have disappeared very quickly


I added the music of an old birthday card to the first I made years ago


Capucine enjoyed spinning the merry-go-round and
eating a sweet on the way

4 commentaires:

  1. Oh it's always a feast for the eyes when visiting your blog! You got some wonderful gifts, so thoughtful! I especially love the unicorn kit you received, I can't wait to see your progress on that beauty!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Another amazing post of delights. The pop up book is beautiful I have never seen anything like it. Gorgeous beadwork, so delicate and a big round of applause for your carousel, what a delight

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Some wonderful gifts, including the beautiful album! I can’t believe I made that LOL
    I love the carousel, what a clever idea. The unicorn sampler is beautiful too, great fabric.
    Serendipitous Jo

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. So many beautiful gifts this month, the album from Jo is amazing! Your carousel looks like fun and you're off to a great start with your unicorn.

    RépondreSupprimer