dimanche 22 septembre 2024

STAGE / ETAPE 9/3





Département  26   Drôme     (26  lieues / leagues)


The town name is :    Crest                      sounding like   crest



The Monty Python troupe help us to join Crest this week.

La bande des Monty Python nous a servi de guide cette semaine










Rappel des indices  /   Some explanations about the clues


Sur le blason, vous pourrez repérer les trois crêtes de coq rouge que j'ai recopiées sur l'oriflamme en 9-1.

On the coat of arms, you can see the three red cockerel's crests that I copied from the 9-1 banner.








Chaque année à la Pentecôte, une fête médievale
la ville est jumelée avec la cité de Cromer en Angleterre







Crest Medieval Festival with Cromer twinning association






Crest keep could welcome dear Rapunzel  / Le donjon de Crest pourrait accueillir notre chère Raiponce









soda stitch designs












Donjon est un faux ami en anglais car il se traduit par keep et dungeon signifie les oubliettes.

If you think dunjeon means donjon, it's wrong, it's a false friend word.
The "donjon" is a keep and the dungeon "les oubliettes".













Cloud factory

Clan crests 





Encore plus de donjons ?












J'aimerai bien m'essayer un jour à tricoter une côte de maille.
J'ai même l'idée de le faire avec les bandes d'anciennes cassettes vidéos teintes en gris ensuite.

One day I'd like to knit a medieval chainmail
why not with old video cassette tape I could
after paint in grey.




Belinda Pollard   brodeuse de Poët Laval près de Dieulefit







Please be back on next Tuesday

A mardi prochain !


2 commentaires:

  1. I couldn't find Crest from the hint.😣After reading this blog, I finally understood the meaning of the hint. Thank you for introducing me to so many works.
    I'll try harder next time.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I found the town but I did not realise it was twinned with Cromer! How clever to tie that in to the clue.
    Love all the Monty Python stitching and beautiful Rapunzel too. I have stitched one of Teresa Wentzler's Rapunzel designs but not the one you've shown. I do have the chart for that one. One day!

    RépondreSupprimer