vendredi 16 octobre 2020

GIFTED GORGEOUSNESS 10/20

Is it already October 15th, can't believe it, the bad news is time flies too fast, the good news, it's time for update Gifted Gorgeousness post!

Please visit Jo's blog here :

https://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/2020/10/october-gifted-gorgeousness-link-up-post.html

Everything about this SAL is explained, every month we meet on line in Jo's blog to share our progress on stitchings, sewing, all DIY made as a gift or made with the help of a gift.

Let's see if I have been successful... but first let me tell you a little story :

When I was a little girl I was always happy to receive those lovely stitched cards with traditional costumes from French provinces.  They probably won't make them in the future (they mostly are made in Spain).

But I felt great to send some "gift postcards" to Capucine and Soline from Normandy, here is a selection. Do you have those cards in your country?





Back to the alphabet for my grandchildren...   three more letters...


to have a complete alphabet now. Started in March 2020


very useful during the confinement
for many letters games

(h and s are cut on the pics but
they do exist!)

Voici mon alphabet terminé
belle satisfaction !

Last winter, I found some nice diy wool Christmas wreaths ideas on the net, I have cut cardboards and begun to wrap wool around them and put them back in the basket.




I'm thinking of reorienting them to winter wreaths for DD1 and DD3.

I bought two lovely polar bears for DD1 and kids as winter theme, it will be white and ice blue colors for an ice floe landscape. I know my daughter loved words made with "tricotin" - French knitter  so I made "winter" = hiver.



I will make a cardboard and polystyrene kind of shelf

Mes ébauches de couronnes décoratives pour les fêtes de l'an dernier
sont actuellement reformatées pour devenir des décos hivernales
thème polaire pour L-E et thème Japon pour E-A.
Donc confection de mots en tricotin, de pompons, addition de branchage,
création de décors (banquise en polystyrène et Mont Fuji en carton) etc




It would look approximately like that...

The second wreath has to be a "winter in Japan" theme to please DD3 with purple colors.

A snowy Mont Fuji and some Japanese decorations.


Some progress on doll's equipment, I have tested the hammock last Sunday "visiting" Violette and the lenght is good, now I can close it on a wood stick and add a fixing system with a ring.

Finition des fixations du hamac par la pose de batonnets pour rigidifier et d'un anneau d'accrochage de chaque côté.

Have a nice day... stiching!       Bonne journée, à vos aiguilles !



4 commentaires:

  1. Beautiful and creative crafting again this month. I enjoyed seeing the selection of cards at the beginning of your post. Here in Australia I have never seen anything similar. They are charming.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks for taking part in GG this month with all your lovely crafting. Those wreaths are great, such a good idea to use the little models.
    I have not seen those cards in England, but we don't really hava National Dress like that. I used to have a little Scottish doll and a Welsh doll in their National Dress. But England get Beefeaters or Morris Dancers!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Your winter wreaths ideas are great.
    I've been looking for embroidery cards like yours from Normandy. I thought they weren't made anymore as it is a long time since I've seen any, while on holiday.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I love your pretty wreaths, what a good idea. I haven´t seen any postcards like the ones you show but living in Spain, I will have a look around at the markets, when the coronavirus allows.

    RépondreSupprimer