jeudi 24 décembre 2020

THE ADVENT CALENDAR

On the first day of December, Jo had started her famous Advent Calendar. Every day you have opened a new door and found a stitching friend welcoming you.

https://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/2020/12/2020-online-advent-calendar.html

Today is the Thursday 24th and you're ringing a bell at my door!  

This year we have new visitors for Christmas


I have shown on previous posts new ornaments I made for the kids.


Et voici les décorations sur le thème du fait maison installée sur l'escalier.

And here are the decorations on diy theme set on the stairs.


This year question is about Christmas books...

No traditionnal story in my childhood that I remembered, I chose to show some books I read with my kids when they were young girls.


We were great fans of "my first discovery" collection from Gallimard Youth

Great books with great designs and funny way to show pictures with their transparent pages




Little brown bear is famous for the young kids and this book (I call carrousel book) is showing his home during Christmas.

Retrouvons Petit Ours Brun qui nous accueille dans sa maison prête pour fêter Noël.



Now's the time for the English books, you know that I try to watch movies and series, to follow blogs in English to keep in touch with the language.  Newly retired I decided to read about one hour every morning before breakfast to do my homework. As an easy start, I thought it could be nice to read stories I already knew, meet characters I liked in movies, so I bought some second hand books. Hannah Swensen Mysteries from Joanne Fluke and some Christmas stories. This month, I re-read "Trading Christmas" from Debbie Macomber and the Plum Pudding Murder is on my list with a warm herbal tea of course!


This was an amazing calendar, I'm having a lot of fun visiting all my stitching friends all around the world!

Special thanks to Jo who offers us so many great blog's events throughout the year!

Merry Christmas to you all!

Comme chaque année, merci à Jo qui nous permet de partager notre passion tout au long de l'année avec, entre autres événements, ce formidable calendrier de l'avent. Quelle joie de visiter toutes ces amies brodeuses blogueuses ! Joyeuses fêtes de Noël à vous tous, portez vous bien !


11 commentaires:

  1. Of all your Christmas stitching and makes, I think your mice are the best. They make me smile.
    I need to improve my French. I must get disciplined like you and set aside some time everyday to either read in the language, watch television, or listen to the radio.
    Joyeux Noël!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Joyeux Noel!!! Your mice are adorable! We have a few of those Gallimard books, en anglais, but I have not seen the Christmas book! It looks very engaging! Have a wonderful holiday!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Joyeux Noel! Those mice are so sweet!
    It was nice to see all your ornaments!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I love all your crafted creations. It is a joy to visit your blog. I really enjoyed your discussion of your Christmas reading. Merry Christmas!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I just adore your mice, you are so clever with your crafting

    Joyeux Noel

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I love your little mice and the pretty decorations on the stairs. The Gallimard book looks interesting. Joyeux Noel.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Sweet mice and I do like the stair decorations. What an interesting book with the transparent pages. A lot of fun to share with the grandkids. Seasons Greetings

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Oh my goodness, your sweetly stitched ornaments are all so fun and pretty!! I *loved* the book with the overlays...that's fantastic!! So glad to meet you and find your blog! Joyeux Noel and a Happy New Year!!! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Oops, I forgot to leave a comment to say "Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year."
    Those mice are adorable, so cosy in their little beds.
    Lovely choice of books too, the one with transparent pages is so clever. I'd live to have one like that.

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. All of your ornaments look so lovely! The books for your children are such fun, I used to love reading those kinds of books with my boys.
    Wishing you a very Happy New Year with lots of crafting!

    RépondreSupprimer