dimanche 16 mai 2021

GIFTED GORGEOUSNESS 05/21

 

Are you making gifts or using gifts for a new stitching, that's great reasons to write a post and participate in the Gifted Gorgeousness!

Here is a link to Jo's blog where you'll find other stitchers with lovely WIP.

https://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/2021/05/gifted-gorgeousness-may-link-up-post.html


Three works for this month...

The second tiny "grocery" for Capucine.

I knew I had somewhere a second box (empty) of chocolate to transform in another shop with small groceries already made.

I have used the pattern I made some months ago for a gift to Soline to make some paper shelves. 



La deuxième petite épicerie est faite sur le modèle de mon premier essai, celle-ci sera pour Capucine remplie de fournitures déjà réalisée.



My goose game was out of the basket last month to add some patterns I received from Sheryl. More than the patterns, Sheryl gave me the inspiration to be back on this stitching to complete it.



First I thought of adding cards (as I collected cards games), then I find the right pattern for my little harp.



Then I thought I could draw something like pyramids (as a memory of our trip in the Nile Valley and my love for Egyptian history).



I have had new ideas for some empty places : a clock, scissors, sewing, wool and champagne!


Mon jeu de l'oie a bénéficié le mois dernier de nouveaux motifs offerts par Sheryl et l'inspiration est revenue grâce à elle avec de nouvelles idées comme : une pendule, des ciseaux et des thèmes autour de la couture, du tricot, du champagne et de l'Egypte souvenir d'un voyage il y a très longtemps !





Voici mes progrès sur quatre des dessins de grilles réalisés.


Now, a crazy new project...

Visiting the kite festival in Dieppe, there were a small exhibition with knitted sails works of disabled persons.
It gave me the idea of a boat in our garden for the kids to play "sailing".


The plan was to make a boat hull with fabric held together with some camping poles. A mast maybe with an old curtain rod. 

I'll use a large piece of fabric I still have from our pergola to prevent from sun before the ivy was big enough.

L'idée d'un bateau installé dans le jardin pour les petits-enfants m'est venu lors du festival de Dieppe où était présentées des voiles tricotées.
Je me suis dit que je pourrais fabriquer une coque en tissu fixée au sol par des piquets de camping, un mât avec une ancienne tringle à rideaux, des voiles.


I'll bought 40 cm camping poles and sewed a strip of fabric 4 m long, 50 cm  folded in half.

Les bandes constituant la coque sont cousues, les voici posées au sol.



A sail, flags and pennants, some accessories : an anchor, a lifebuoy, binoculars, maps, a captain's cap of course.

The anchor is cut in an old cardboard and the base of the lifebuoy will be an old pantyhose filled with polysterene chips. 

Les accessoires pour jouer : une ancre, une bouée, des jumelles, des cartes, des drapeaux et une casquette de capitaine bien sûr.






I'm going to wrap around white fabric.

Un ancien collant rempli de chips en polystyrène et enroulé de tissu blanc
fera une bouée de sauvetage ad hoc comme dirait un certain Capitaine.

Gardons le cap !


4 commentaires:

  1. Wonderful ideas. I love the stitched cards and tiny pyramid, so clever.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. What fun projects you've got! You're grandkids must have so much fun when they visit you! So creative. I love the goose game (we have one!) and I love all the different motifs you are using. I enjoyed visiting your blog!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Hi Nadine, I love it all! Cards, pyramids, a boat and pirates!
    I don’t know anyone else with such imagination - wonderful!
    I really envy your grandchildren, what fun they must have when they visit you!
    Well done!
    Barbara xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Your Goose Game is looking wonderful, I love those little playing cards. The toy shop is so clever too.
    Like Barbara says, you are the best grandmother for your little ones!
    One small English lesson - the word we use is "disabled" rather than "handicapped" which is not liked by the disabled community! I'm afraid I don't know the French for disabled or how it would literally translate,

    RépondreSupprimer