dimanche 30 mai 2021

WIPOCALYPSE 05/21

Today is a busy day :

- arrival of the 2nd step of my Tour de France

- mothers day here in France

- wipocalypse update


Let me remind you that it is Measi from Measi's musings who organized this event on the last Sunday of the month. 

https://measi.net/measiblog/2021/05/30/may-2021-wipocalypse-check-in/

This month's topic is : What was the first project you ever stitched? (whether you finished or not).

I think my very first project was a doily stitched with chain point we made at school  (=7 ? middle school I was 12) kind of handicrafts class before they named them plastic arts.

The pattern was with flowers red and green, with a lace all around the embroidery.

I remember making a cushion with knotted wool, maybe a dog head. And a stuffed toy, small grey dog for which I won the first price. I perfectly remember when the teacher organized sort of a fashion show which turn into a monster show. Imagine poor little girls and boys unexperienced in sewing with this overly elaborate project. Mine looked like a dog but without wire in his front legs, he looked like Bambi skating.

Around 15, I made my sewing basket, on playing cards (already) theme. 

Before moving to cross stitching, I think it's a Richelieu embroidery doily which had announced the start of a great hobby.



.../...


Back to WIPocalypse 2021 plans which are no plan...

No list, every DIY WIP is welcome to show the tip of its nose and join the party.


My current cross stitching pattern is from Cuore e Batticuore : Knitting in quilt.

Some progress during our Normandy trip.

Last month pic


Here in my update

.../...

After months of drawings, watercolors, clues and very interesting research on colour theme and painters, the 4th Tour de France has started on May 18th.

You can read the posts or try to guess the colors, towns and artists. You can play when you want (no particular link between two steps).

No link between cities and painters either, it wasn't clear enough, sorry.

I hope that the visit of the Animal Crossing Museum led you to a lovely city by the sea.

.../...

I stay all year long in Christmas mood, there is so many ideas on the internet for Christmas ornaments, it's difficult to choose but last year I loved all the funny gnomes I saw on different sites and decided I must made a small serie.

Bodies made with fabric, a big nose, hair and beard and hats with small Christmas ornies. The list was on the paper then I had to find the right supplies to make them (no purchases allowed). An old green fabric with kind of palm tree leaves will be good used on the reverse side. An old pink thick fabric perfect for the noses.

Maybe you remember that I use to keep cords from gifts and how I already made the hair of a mermaid so I'll use the same way for hairs.



White, grey, black, brown, blue that's a good start.

I sew and filled six bodies, four noses and begun to make the patterns for the hats which had to be from different sizes and shapes. And then I stopped busy with something else.


This week I felt ready to open the gnome's hairdresser workshop. 








I have find in my stash already two fabrics I thought could be nice : one tartan fabric and a dark red with kind of a velvet effect for the hats.

I'll add a wire inside to keep a wavy shape.

I'm putting aside small charms, bells, wood buttons, strings for further final decoration.

.../...

I'll will reveal the city in a few hours, but here are our next guides waiting for you...

Don't forget to visit other bloggers participating to the Wipocalypse...

2 commentaires:

  1. Those little gnomes are adorable! How clever to reuse the cord to make their hair and beards.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Cute little gnomes, very cleverly made.

    RépondreSupprimer