mercredi 3 novembre 2021

WIPOCALYPSE 10/21

 


Time to share with Melissa and the Wipocalypse family the projects we want to complete before the end of the world.

I have some troubles to sign up on Measi's blog. I'll try later but here is my update.


My main project this past month is the vegetable garden I'm making for Soline. I have already made food and cakes for the girls to play cooking but now I'd like to make some small vegetables that Violette -the fabric doll- could collect in a small garden.

I have found in my boxes the right brown fabric to make the ground and made some "bags" I'll stick in a box. The best way is to show it :




Très inspirée par les réalisations de talentueuses créatrices, l'idée de fabriquer un potager m'a tenté pour que Soline s'amuse avec Violette à récolter fruits et légumes.

Le concept est de disposer des rouleaux de tissus entre lesquels on glisse les légumes.

J'ai fait des sacs rembourrés avec de vieux collants et placé un tissu marron pour simuler la terre et les rangs du potager.


I have now five rows to insert the vegetables stems.


Des poireaux, betteraves, choux, citrouille, salades et carottes.

Leeks, beets, cabbage, pumpkin, lettuce and carrots.


Puis plus sophistiqués des champignons, artichauts, des pieds de maïs, des rames de petits pois.

Then more sophisticated mushrooms, artichokes, corn stalks, reams of peas.










Not easy to respect a small scale but I'm happy with all the results, specially for artichokes and corn.

Le plus compliqué est de réaliser les légumes à une échelle convenant à la taille de la poupée.










Quelques outils, un arrosoir ou un tuyau, un joli tablier, des ficelles, un panier, des sachets de graines miniatures restent à fabriquer.

J'ai également pensé à ajouter un épouvantail, un bouchon de bouteille de lait recouvert de tissu, un peu de raphia pour les cheveux, mains et pieds, une coccinelle à la boutonnière.


A few tools, a watering can or hose, an apron, strings, a basket and tiny seed packets are still on my to do list.

I also thought of adding a scarecrow, a milk bottle cap covered with fabric, some raffia for the hair, hands and feet, and soon a ladybird in the buttonhole.



One more thing, flowers look nice in a garden, I will put some on one side of the box.

Il m'a semblé qu'il serait sympa de cueillir quelques fleurs d'où cet ajout sur un côté de la boîte. Une bande de carton munie de petits tubes pouvant recevoir les tiges des fleurs.





This month topic is : Do you prefer Halloween or Christmas stitching?

I have discovered Halloween stitchings with blogs and have done some but I'm almost all year long looking for Christmas ornaments
to add to my home made collection.


2 commentaires:

  1. Your work is amazing, you are such a talented lady

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. You have such a good imagination for making all these different toys for your grandchildren. The pea pods on their vine are awesome!

    RépondreSupprimer