jeudi 2 décembre 2021

ADVENT CALENDAR DAY 2

Ho, Ho, Ho...

Here you are, on December the 2 th,

visiting me for the Advent Calendar Blog Hop from Jo

https://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/2021/12/2021-online-advent-calendar.html

I have new felt ornaments to show you...

First, this little guy who is waiting to be sent to his future home, maybe you can guess his destination!


I have got new "not so ugly sweaters". 2021 winter fashion collection.


I loved the red truck loading a tree pictures and was glad to be able to find a way to cut and  sew a small one on this new pattern.

Of course the 2020 reindeer was very popular so many brothers are waiting to gather for the holidays.


Mice are back.



Dogs and cats too, they will be part of my next GG post but I can already show you Chanel (a long story I'll tell you soon).



This year topic is the Christmas tree.

With the kids at home, we put a real tree. On the first week-end of December it's the Telethon show on TV from the Friday evening to Saturday evening and we used to watch it while putting the lights and ornaments.

                                                                                         now


before


But there is only one place in the dining room and it's near the fireplace.

I bought an artificial tree some years ago (feeling too guilty for this poor real tree) and now that the girls are all gone it's my job to put all the pieces together.

I love glass ornaments and playing with the light shining through them, they are the same every year. First the oldest ornaments which have a family story. Real silvered glass my mum get as a gift working for the American Army in Reims in winter 1944. My grand parents used to welcome Betty (we kept in touch with and I was lucky to visit her in Pensylvania in 1985, 41 years later), Rita, Clarence and friends-collegues from Mum in their 3 rooms flat. You can imagine warm memories they bring back.

Memories from holidays too, lovely glass stars we bought in Tyrol and long glass droplets from a glass workshop we visited in Black Forest. Some birds found in a book shop!



Some cross stitch and felt geeses I made,   





and on the top is a kind of star I have attached forever so I don't have to climb on a ladder to put it every year!


We wish you a Merry Christmas!

Joyeux Noël !

Have fun visiting Jo's Advent Calendar every day!


Le calendrier de l'Avent de Jo s'ouvre aujourd'hui 2 décembre sur mon blog avec la présentation de mes bricolages de Noël faits en feutrine, la nouvelle collection de pulls pas si moches et autres chats et dragon...

Comme chaque année, un nouveau thème de discussion, cette fois Jo nous demande de parler de notre sapin de Noël.


18 commentaires:

  1. Hello my friend, I haven’t visited for a while, but I’m back for the hop!
    Your decorations are beautiful! I especially love the goose and that gorgeous cat!
    Oh, those cute “not so ugly sweaters” - fantastic idea, I love them!
    I really enjoyed my visit here today! 🙋‍♀️
    Barbara xx 😊

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar this year. I adore your little dragon, is he off to Astrid? The tiny jumpers are a real favourite too.
    Thansk for sharing your stories about the tree and special ornaments.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Such cute creations you've made. Great job!
    Love the felt geese, it is just so cute!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Wishful thinking, that dragon IS adorable! Wherever he's going, he'll be loved for sure.
    Your other handmade ornaments look wonderful too, I love how the red truck and tree turned out.
    Both trees are lovely and having the glass ornaments adds some nice sparkle.
    Happy Christmas!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Such a lovely post! Your little ornaments are unique and so very cute. I enjoyed your story about your Christmas trees and decorations. Merry Christmas!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I love the dragon, is it going on your own tree, or to one of your daughters maybe? I'm loving hearing about everyone's different traditions with their trees. Joyeux Noel

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Oh you had me with the dragon, maybe next year I will try one of those.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Lovely post, what amazingly intricate work on those tiny sweaters and I love the cute animals, especially the gorgeous red dragon. Your glass ornaments are beautiful, we had some glass ones years ago too, nothing so pretty as your droplets or birdie but bit by bit they got broken. Joyeux Noel.x

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. I love your dragon and such cute jumpers. We have an artificial tree too. Your ornaments are lovely.

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Love, love, LOVE the felt sweaters! So cute!

    Et joyeux Noël!

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Your christmas makes are terrific.
    I enjoyed reading the history behind some of your ornaments. I think that putting up a Christmas tree is a trip down memory lane as so many ornaments have a "do you remember...?" story attached to them.

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Thank you for sharing your lovely story of your tree. It is wonderful. And I love all the felt ornaments.

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. That red dragon is adorable and I love your set of cute sweaters! They are very original! But the nut mice are my favorites! It is fun to read your Christmas tree memories, especially about the glass ornaments. Joyeux Noel!

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. Wonderful post! The holidays as they should be, full of memories of family and friends. Merry Christmas!

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. Oh my goodness, all of your ornaments are just darling, but I adore the little mice! How sweet! I love all the memories and sweet stories about your tree and decorating it ... such fun! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  16. So nice to visit with you. Merry Christmas from door #16

    RépondreSupprimer
  17. Thanks for sharing your tree with us! I love your ornaments, especially the little Christmas dragon.

    RépondreSupprimer