mardi 15 mars 2022

GIFTED GORGEOUSNESS 03/22

 

It's always nice to make gifts, nice too to receive some
and use them in our stitching projects.

It's great and fun to show all this and the perfect place is
on Jo's blog Serendipitous Stitching on the 15th of each month
for the Gifted Gorgeousness post.
*


Cadeaux donnés ou reçus, toutes les occasions sont bonnes
pour partager nos coups de coeur et participer au "Gifted Gorgeousness"
de Jo - Serendipitous Stitching.

March's birthdays were on the top of my list, three cards to make...





Fun again to "dive" in my stash and collect papers and pictures for some 
scrapbooking for a seaside theme card





Still near to the beach...  Timothé has spent five days in Brittany with his schoolmates for a "green class". Family could send some letters and I found on the net that lovely starfishes pattern with wishing waves!

A cat alphabet for DD2 a cat person. Un alphabet chat pour A-S.
Plus une vague de souhaits à envoyer à Timothé pendant sa classe découverte en Bretagne.


DD3 and Benjamin are fan of FF7 and I tried to make in felt "Cactuar"
to wish him an happy birthday.



I can prove that it was birthdays indeed
with those two delicious cakes,  lime and peach and 3 chocolates.


Some new friends for my "around the pond" project for Soline
a turtle and a squarrel


Autour de l'étang, nous accueillons nos amis tortue et écureuil



Ready to welcome at our table soon, a new friend
I stitched the "family napkin ring"   for Aude

Same pattern than for Amélie, but I don't know how I managed
to stitch the heart of the flower differently 




Tricot  /  Knitting

I have finished to knit the white wool from the ex-shawl and I'll need some pink, black and another not already chosen color for the pattern DD3 wanted. The more difficult was to find a shop selling online the same kind of wool to be able to knit squares looking similar.

It's a thin wool, knitted with n° 3 needles, I have ordered pink and pale mauve to check the colors and how many squares I could knit with 1 ball. A good news opening my parcel, the wool looks alike and I can keep the same counting.    
 

Now the next step is a mathematic problem (no train speeding, no empty bathtub) : 190 m of wool per ball, about 65 stitches for 1 meter meaning two ranks, 40 ranks for one square and so on... 21 u = pink,    56 u = black etc...  who thinks knitting isn't scientific? The optionnal question could be : how old will I be when the cover will be all finished?


Mes aiguilles n° 3 vont de nouveau chauffer, ayant fini de tricoter la laine blanche récupérée de l'ex-châle, j'avais besoin de laine rose, noire et d'une autre couleur non définie pour le motif choisi par EA. Le plus dur a été de trouver un magasin en ligne vendant la même qualité pour un résultat semblable. 
La laine Bambi de la boutique "le chat qui pelote" sera parfaite et me permettra de réaliser les carrés souhaités.





4 commentaires:

  1. Always a feast for the eyes to visit your blog! What fun projects you've made this month. I love the little fox and turtles, they will look sweet beside the pond! Your cards are wonderful! I haven't seen FF7 but the little character for Ben is a treasure! I love the napkin ring...and your knitted squares are sweet, can't wait to see how your blanket looks when finished!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Your blog is always full of such clever and beautiful crafting, you are very talented ... and you spoil us with cake this month!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. You've had a creative month! I love all those little felt creatures! They are adorable!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love all your creativity. The fox is particularly lovely. The cactus is quite bizarre! I'm glad to see you are making the 3D box cards still.

    RépondreSupprimer