samedi 5 mars 2022

THE PEOPLE CHOOSE 03/22

 First Saturday of March means that I'm glad to post about a topic chosen by our stitching friends. This SAL is run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching, it's about what you want to see on the blog. 

The result of the votes for this month was : "Quilts".


Lucky me, one of my WIP is named "Knitting in quilt" from Cuore e Batticuore.

Shown on their blog in March, I have bought it in July 2020.

http://cuoreebatticuorericamoecucitocreativo.blogspot.com/2020/03/una-novita-al-giorno-knitting-in-quilt.html

My last update was about frogging part of the left tree to get the right color of green.


I am close to the end, I have certainly some backstitch to do and to check if I missed some stitches.

Here are two more previous wip pictures cause I haven't a recent updated photo.



Amusant de pouvoir inclure dans ce "People Choose Quilt" mon encours de chez C e B puisque son intitulé est "Knitting in quilt".

Passons côté couture pour des courtepointes et projets de patchwork.

It is certainly the good place to show one cover I have made when I have cut the curtains for my dining room. I used dark red and brown  leftovers and bought a small piece of fabric in yellow and orange to bright up the patchwork.


Every small strip of fabric went together for blocking the air from the front door.




I have made four curtains per window which give eight sliding panel and 4 more to be able to change to colors in spring which give a total of  .

Here is the back side of the cover (blurred!).


Lors de la confection des panneaux de rideaux de la salle à manger, montage d'une petite couverture avec les restes de tissus.

Un kit de chez H & E acheté au salon, jamais commencé, (les tissus sont très fins) ma nouvelle mac sera peut-être plus adaptée pour ces coutures.                A kit for an hen cushion.

Dans les en cours et projets, une couverture spéciale Noël un peu laissée de côté... et deux modèles que j'aimerais réaliser : les chats pour DD2 et les chiens.

WIP and wish list : a cover with Christmas patterns and two cat and dog covers.




It"s a warm fabric with edelweiss. Fingers crossed for next winter!




Je conserve précieusement les bas de pantalons de JB pour couper des oreilles en velours !

I'm saving for years DH's trouser bottoms for cutting velvet ears!


There is a new sewing machine Pfaff still in HER box (yes she is a she), I hope I'll be able to get the best of her.

De beaux projets pour ma nouvelle MàC (toujours dans sa boîte, elle m'impressionne un peu...), j'espère être à la hauteur de ses "aptitudes".

2 commentaires:

  1. Pretty `knitting in quilt´ design and also the H & E pattern with such lovely fabrics. Clever to make the most of fabrics on hand - love the dogs and cats.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I love the cute little knittter and quilters design. The colours in your warm red quilt are gorgeous too. I am not surprised to read that you can quilt as you are so adept at many different crafts!

    RépondreSupprimer