dimanche 27 février 2022

WIPOCALYPSE 02/22

 

Time to share with Melissa and the Wipocalypse family the projects we want to complete before the end of the world.

A busy month with the winter Olympics 





Point de croix / cross stitch

Jeu de l'oie / Goose game

Après la case 60 le mois dernier avec ma "pelloche Kodak" et les ciseaux en 55 pour les Olympics) je me suis sentie inspirée par cet ouvrage et en vérifiant la liste de mes DIY je me suis aperçue que je n'avais rien pour évoquer la fabrication de colliers en perles de rocaille que j'aimais beaucoup faire il y a quelques années. La case n° 30 présente désormais une boucle d'oreille/bijou.

I was kind of listing all my DIY, checking I haven't miss something when I realize that years ago I loved to make neckless with seed beads (we call rockery beads here). So I have to find a way to put it in a small square, not enough place for a neckless but I love to wear earrings.

Lucky me to have a page for precious stones in my encyclopedia. 



Recently I found an old wip (a kit with metallic threads).

With 2 different greens E 699 and E 703 which means emerald was selected and it's my birthstone another sign of fate.

Some gold E 3852 for the backstitch and one thread of white E 5200 with one thread of silver for diamond.



Heureuse trouvaille dernièrement, un vieux kit non terminé avec des fils métalliques. Deux teintes de vert E 699 et E 703, parfaits pour une émeraude (autre signe du destin, c'est ma pierre de naissance).
Or E 3852 pour les contours et un fil de blanc E 5200 associé à un fil argent pour les diamants.




I'm glad to be back on this stitching, feel "inspired" and found two new patterns ideas : the earring and a bow to symbolize the n° 58 with means you have to go back to the start.

I will soon post a dedicated post about this stitched game with more pictures.


Je suis contente de ressortir cet ouvrage et je sais quel motif broder en n° 58 avec un arc tourné vers le début puisque elle signifie dans la règle du jeu le retour à la case départ.

Et hier, deux nouvelles idées, la case n° 59 offre peu de place mais j'ai pensé que je pourrais broder mes initiales comme une signature et un lien aux abécédaires brodés par nos ainées. Puisque 59 est mon année de naissance cela m'a paru évident !

Ensuite il me restait la case 37 qui sur le modèle original est partagée avec la 36 qui comporte une oie. Ayant pensé ajouter un chat ou un oiseau, je me suis dit pourquoi pas mon animal préféré : la loutre. Avec si peu d'espace libre ce n'était pas gagné mais que pensez-vous de ce schéma ? Bientôt un article plus détaillé avec des photos.

And yesterday, two new ideas, square n° 59 offers is a little one but I thought I could embroider my initials as a signature and a link to the alphabet books embroidered by our elders. Then 59 being my birth year it seemed obvious to me!

Then I had the 37 square which on the original pattern is shared with the 36 which has a goose. Having thought of adding a cat or a bird, I said to myself why not my favourite animal: the otter. With so little space it was not easy but what do you think of this homemade chart?


Feutrine / Felt

For my "around the pond" project : water lilies made for the Wipolympics.




Une petite grenouille et une tortue vont se joindre à mon petit groupe animalier.

A frog and a turtle in progress.



Back to cross stitch but on paper.

Papier perforé / Perforated paper


J'ai ajouté les points en métallique E 699 sur la ceinture, les chaussures et les yeux de Mme Claus.





Green eyes, green shoes and part of her belt.
I have tried to make pictures which show the metallic red spots but the result isn't very efficient.



En conclusion, il est temps de vous montrer mon en cours au point de croix, la broderie de chez Cuore & Batticuore d'où j'ai extrait la photo participant au Blog Hop de Jo pour la Saint Valentin. 



It's time to show you my WIP from Cuore é Batticuore from which I have chosen the picture to participate to Jo's Blog Hop - Secret Stitching Sweetheart.

Measi's February topic :  What SALs are you participating in this year?

Jo from Serendipitous Stitching  's  SALs  the People's choice and Gifted Gorgeousness.

I wish I could at least post once for the Fully Finished Gallery hosted by Rachel!

2 commentaires:

  1. Fabulous work. I love all the personalisations on the Goose Game, the jewellery is particularly beautiful.
    So glad that you will be joining in with my SALs again this year.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I love the pretty metalic threads you have used. the stitched game is going to be fabulous - clever work.

    RépondreSupprimer