dimanche 13 mars 2022

WIPOLYMPICS - CR/REPORT 4

 WIP PARA-OLYMPICS - 

Back on my Olympic program with the Paralympics games.

I'm back on the WIP I worked on some weeks ago : the goose game,  cross stitch Parisian, the felt animals and make something round as the curling stone...



A l'occasion des Jeux Paralympiques, je continue le programme commencé à l'ouverture des JO de Beijing. Soit : point de croix : jeu de l'oie, la Parisienne, feutrine : les animaux et fabriquer un décor dans un cercle à broder en lien avec le jeu de curling...


Cross stitch : goose game  // Point de croix : jeu de l'oie

30  earings : add the last stitches of gold thread

36/37  goose / add beak, legs, grass - frog the sky add a bird, water
new pattern : stitch an otter

45  goose swimming pattern

50/51  sewing : stitch a table

58  new pattern : bow and arrow

59  new pattern : monogram




Mes cases du jeu se remplissent avec de nouveaux dessins. Derniers choix : une loutre pour tenir compagnie à l'oie n° 36, un arc en 58 pour signifier le retour au départ, mes initiales en 59 comme signature de l'ouvrage. Et quelques aménagements : ajout d'une table pour ma couturière en 51, pénélopage du ciel commencé en 36 pour alléger le motif, un peu d'herbe au sol et schéma pour l'oie future en 45. 


If you came on 58 in the game you'll have to go back to the start, I thought bow and arrow (I'd have love to practice when I was young) could be a smart pattern. No particular idea for 59 but as I was asking myself where I could "sign" the game. My grey cells have added signature, initials, 59 which is my birth year and validate the idea of stitching a monogram (maiden name).




Les jardins de Nana

I haven't stitched on a polka dots fabric so I have stitched in white B5200 the "peas" of the skirt.




Je n'ai pas choisi un tissu à pois, donc j'ai brodé en blanc B5200 les trous laissés dans la jupe brodée en noir.



Felt :   around the pond

animals :  squarrel, turtle


Feutrine :   autour du bassin

animaux :  écureuil, tortue









Curling : entre frisettes et balais, j'ai hésité et  j'ai finalement gardé la forme ronde de la pierre pour cette épreuve.

Curling : make something round.


I have spotted this lovely winter hoop some times ago on the net and kept the link for a DIY afternoon (I bought some white tulle last year maybe for a skirt for Capucine).

It's from Anna (from Norfolk) and everything is explained here :

https://www.awilson.co.uk/embroidery-hoop-christmas-decoration/


I loved the back made of tulle giving a 3D effect but cutting the deer looks uneasy and I remembered having some wood ornaments in my stash.

Here are all the supplies I collected in my boxes, let see now what will come from them!

J'avais repéré ce modèle il y a quelques temps déjà, j'aime bien le montage sur tulle qui donne cet effet 3D et la clarté qui passe au travers de ce paysage.

J'ai donc rassemblé les fournitures disponibles dans mes boîtes : du tulle blanc, des tissus, des silhouettes et figurines de bois et bien sûr les cercles à broder.


Côté tissus, un imprimé de feuilles automnales pour le sol ou bien un joli lainage rapporté du Pays de Galles (visite d'un musée textile et achat d'un sac de chutes) qui est plus marron que ne laisse entrevoir la photo.


On the fabric side, an autumnal leaf print for the floor or a pretty woolen fabric brought back from Wales (visit to a textile museum and purchase of a bag of scraps) which is more brown than the photo suggests.

Pour les arbres, cet assortiment de cotonnades.


And for the trees, those cotton fabrics.

Of course... hoops.   Et bien sûr des cercles à broder.



I have tested different fabrics, asked DD3 for advices and finally choose the autumnal leaves fabric for the ground. 


I'm sewing the trees trunks after adding
a line of DMC Diamant Grandé G225



Mon choix final s'est donc porté sur un sol couvert de feuilles d'automne et des troncs d'arbre en tissu motif ronds marron et vert, motif écriture asiatique sur fond verdâtre et un tissu blanc cassé avec un feuillage ton sur ton peut-être à rebroder.

Voilà mon dernier compte-rendu des jeux, les progrès sur ces projets feront l'objet d'articles séparés prochainement.

After this last report for the WIPolympics, soon on the blog, posts about the next progress on those different projects.




1 commentaire:

  1. So much to comment on in this post! The Goose Game is looking great, I love the idea of using your birth year as the signature block.
    The hoops are amazing too, what a clever idea.

    RépondreSupprimer