vendredi 17 mars 2017

ETAPE/STEP 4/2







We are looking for a "writer house" and Richard should be involved.

As I told you, our author was also a politician, a diplomat and an historian.
Aristocrat, royalist, catholic, he travelled to North America when he was 23.
He joigned the army, then came the exile in England, London then Suffolk.

No more clues now, next one this evening...




3 commentaires:

  1. My guess is Francois-Rene de Chateaubriand. He grew up in Chateau de Combourg in Combourg, Ille-et-Vilaine.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Yes I think I was right - the steak is a big clue!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. The Suffolk clue really helped me! I discovered that François-René de Chateaubriand was born in Brittany and spent time in America, London and not just anywhere in Suffolk but Beccles! Which is a mere 10 miles or so down the road. One stop on the train. I wonder if he visited this fine establishment when he was there?
    http://www.beccles-books.co.uk/
    Unlikely, as my friend who runs the shop is not that old!

    RépondreSupprimer