mercredi 10 août 2022

BEE HAPPY STITCHING FULLY FINISH GALLERY

I wanted for so long to participate to the "Fully Finished Gallery" SAL and be able to link up on Rachel's blog Ten hour stitcher on the 10th. This meaning that I have something TOTALLY finished to show to you.

So many stitchings are waiting for frames or finish in bags or cushion for example.

https://tenhourstitcher.blogspot.com/2022/08/link-up-for-fully-finished-gallery-sal.html

Rachel nous accueille dans son blog le 10 du mois pour une galerie présentant nos ouvrages totalement terminés. Avec beaucoup de réalisations finies mais non montées, je n'ai pas encore eu l'occasion de participer à son FFG SAL. Mais ce mois-ci je ne résiste pas à y faire figurer ma petite ruche pour Violette.


But today, I'm proud to present you my stitched beehive.

Voici ma ruche terminée, soit : une ruche en planches, deux cadres brodés ainsi qu'une cuillère de récolte, un pot et une cuillère de dégustation.


I'm always looking for new ideas to make for the girls's  (Capucine and Soline)  twin fabric dolls.

I have made many clothes, accessories for school, a small grocery shop pouf, hammock, barbecue, camping sleeping bag and wood fire, a vegetable garden and a pond with animals.

Seeing years ago a Barbie beekeeper, I kept the idea in mind. Last month I started to think about it and after some drawings I took off my stash a fabric and begun to test some patterns for beehive cells using 3 threads of DMC 832/833/834.

Violette or Félix collecting honey means making a beehive, with frames I choose to make with an old fabric with stitched honeycomb, a special hat in tulle, tiny bees, stick to collect the honey, a pot and of course a special spoon.




As I'm developing the project in the same times I'm stitching, I decided to add some beads as drops of honey






and finally to sew the fabric on wood stick from eskimo ice-cream than on a scewer.





I found my own way to make tiny bees

Les cadres sont cousus sur des bâtons d'esquimaux et les alvéoles remplies de perles dorées façon gouttes de miel

For the hat, I had different ideas, a white plastique cap with tulle, a crocheted hat in cotton wool or one in jean fabric.

I have already made a hat for the doll, with two holes for her hair because Violette got two kind of buns. Capucine told me I couldn't open the hat then the bees will come in so we chose together to give priority to safety!



Bon d'accord, cela ressemble plus à un hennin qu'à un chapeau d'apicultrice ! Mais priorité à la sécurité donc pas de trous pour les couettes par lesquels pourraient s'introduire les abeilles.

OK It looks like more to a medieval hennin than to a beekeeper hat!


Then for the beehive, I made a box, glued on it some paper looking like wood (taking care of the space to let the bees come in)



Those wood beads will be ok for the stick and the special spoon

Violette is happy testing her organic honey!


Miel biologique bien sûr !


3 commentaires:

  1. Tres tres bien, c'est superb!

    You are so talented, what an amazing Bee Keeper

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. This is fabulous! So clever and beautiful. My daughter would have loved this as a little girl.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. This latest creation is fabulous! I follow a local beekeeper who rescues swarms of bees from places where they should not bee. Such as chimneys. His films are fascinating! https://www.facebook.com/saafbees

    RépondreSupprimer