lundi 29 août 2022

WIPOCALYPSE 08/22

 


Time to share with Melissa and the Wipocalypse family the projects we want to complete before the end of the world.


On FB or

https://measi.net/



Point de croix / cross stitch

Un hamac pour deux - Cuore e Batticuore


The hearts of the flowers have been stitched in DMC 15 and the LOVE garland



Then I started to correct mistakes and make some new ones...



I did some frogging on the sign because there are three languages choices Italian, French, English in the pattern and I stitched the small hearts not noticing that their places were different in English than in Italian/French. I wanted to mix the 3 languages, was sure to keep "I love you" on the trunk which is the best pattern for me. I plan to stitch the title in French and the sign in Italian.


So happy to have finished the tails of the cherries on the left tree, I only noticed that I made them with two threads instead of one! Arghhhhhh!!!

Check should be my first thought in everything I make!!!

Well, about 40 tails to cut and restitch, Pénélope will be back next month with better news I hope.

Encore une fois, j'ai laissé broder Mme Tête en l'air et il me faudra reprendre les queues de cerises réalisées par erreur avec deux fils ! L'autre reprise concerne la pancarte, je n'ai pas vu que les coeurs étaient positionnés différemment en français/italien. 

La guirlande LOVE et les coeurs des fleurs sont les progrès validés.


Une année de broderie / one year of stitches

Many days in August babysitting our grand children so it's about playing ping pong and mini golf with the kids. Maybe some of you will notice : cherries, balloon, butterfly net, fishing rod... meaning we had fun times with old Wii Animal Crossing.



Family barbecue, vaccin, new handbag, watering and some open spaces for not yet decided patterns.

I finished July reading the English version of "the girl with the pearl earring" (Tracy Chevalier). Always complicated to stitch books and titles so this one was easy.


And as you can see, the update of the Boo knitted cover is reaching 240 squares.

Notre tranche d'août a été bien occupée par nos petits-enfants donc ping-pong, mini-golf au programme ainsi que d'amusantes sessions d'AC LGTTC version Wii que les cerises, ballon, filet à papillons et autre canne à pêche illustreront ce mois-ci.

J'aime bien ajouter mes lectures mais il est compliqué de broder les titres des livres. Par contre, "la jeune fille à la perle" de Tracy Chevalier me permet de broder .


Mélissa nous propose une question chaque mois : Durant le Covid, avez-vous participé à des discussons en ligne ?

Question of the Month: Have you been participating in gatherings via online chats (Zoom, Google Meet, etc) during the COVID pandemic? If so, what have been the best formats in your opinion?

I haven't participating in online chats during the Covid. No idea if some in French were on line. I still prefer to share with bloggers when I have free moments. During the pandemie with DD2 coming back home and DH, lock down house life was an unforeseen event we managed to got through and that I immediatly forgot!



2 commentaires:

  1. I love the style of the French designer you are stitching but I really wouldn't frog all those cherry stalks, they look fine to me!
    Love the Embroidered Diary piece too. I enjoyed The Girl with the Pearl Earring too. Have you read The Miniaturist? It's got a similar feel and the sequel is out now which I need to read!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. The French piece is beautiful. I agree the cherry stems look fine.

    RépondreSupprimer