mardi 20 décembre 2022

ADVENT CALENDAR "20th"

 

Ho, Ho, Ho...

Here you are, on December the 20 th,

visiting me for the Advent Calendar Blog Hop from Jo

https://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/2022/12/2022-advent-calendar-blog-hop.html


As in previous years, each day in December a blogger has be assigned a date and will invite you to come in her house and see some of the pretty embroideries or decorations she made this year.

Among some new DIY crafts I have shown since November the 6 th with my Countdown to Christmas posts, I'm coming back with my Advent Calendar, this one was for Jo!



Un choix évident cette année pour le Blog Hop de Jo, un calendrier de l'avent bien sûr !

La première porte ouvrant ce mois de décembre était elle aussi incontestable, la célèbre porte qui vous invite à visiter chaque jour de l'avent une amie brodeuse.


I know you're familiar to Jo's Blog Hop, so you have recognized that first door as the one she shows every year, it had to be the first to start December.



For my beloved visitors, I'll spoil a little the funniest door.

(but I know Jo will be ok)  

Choosing the different types of doors, I thought it would be fun to have a stable door opening not on an horse but on a reindeer! 




Comet was happy to be part of my Advent Calendars this year.

He is glad to welcome you here too !

Parmi tous ces modèles différents, j'ai eu envie de proposer une porte d'écuries mais pas de cheval dans le box, plutôt un coursier très occupé en cette fin de mois !


I love Christmas markets and a calendar is the perfect place to show one cookies chalet.


Quoi de plus festif qu'un chalet de marché de Noël, indispensable dans cette présentation.


Now, it's time for Dessert, Jo gave us the year topic : What's for Afters?

Here it's the  "bûche de Noël"  on French Christmas table.

The traditional one yet offers many varieties : chocolate or any flavour you prefer.


Génoise enduite de crème au beurre et roulée façon bûche, c'est la traditionnelle bûche de Noël !


I remember one of my favorite was a sleigh of nougatine with a lot of individual logs vanilla, chocolate, coffee and praline!



Often we chose ice cream bûche which is supposed to be lighter for the end of the meal, so any ice cream fruit flavour is ok.


In 2015, I decided to do the traditional Provencal (south East France) 13 desserts :







All details here :
https://jocondine.blogspot.com/2015/12/joyeux-noel.html


Here are the afters I have stitched and made.




Tomorrow, you'll visit DJ who has always amazing stitchings on her blog Tickled Pink in Stitches.

Demain une visite chez DJ qui nous montre toujours de magnifiques broderies.


Once again, this Blog Hop is amazing, thanks to Jo!

Merry Christmas for you all, warm wishes for your families.




6 commentaires:

  1. Thanks for taking part in The Advent Calendar Blog Hop and for providing the gorgeous doors this year!
    Your crafted desserts look almost as delicious as the 13 real desserts! I do like the idea of a dessert buffet for myself too.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I've so enjoyed your artistry in painting all the doors this Advent! Merry Christmas!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I absolutely love your advent calendar for Jo! You are so clever, Joconodine! My goodness, your desserts all sound amazing! Love the stitched desserts too! Wishing you a Very Happy Christmas!
    Hugs, Barbara of The Flashing Scissors xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Always a treat for the eyes to visit your blog! I'm always in awe of your creativity!! The doors you made for Jo are wonderful and I'm sure she loved each and every one! I can't imagine having to chose between 13 desserts, they all look so yummy! Even your hand made creative desserts look good enough to eat! Have a Merry Christmas!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Gorgeous advent! I hadn't read your post yet and was wondering about the new doors. Lovely work and hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Thanks for the doors which made this year's SAL that much more fun! Your desserts all look delicious.

    RépondreSupprimer