samedi 5 septembre 2020

YOU CHOOSE 09/20





En ce premier samedi de septembre, notre nouveau rendez-vous "You choose" a pour thème : la géométrie.

This month, surprise : you choose to make me take out my Geometry fabric WIP.


A visit to Jo's blog and you'll know all about "let the people choose".

https://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/

Some years ago, I was tempted and bought some Geometry fabric to stitch with pearl cotton.

La toile Géometry est une toile à broder proposée par DMC il y a quelques années, un nouveau tissage qui vous permettait de broder en glissant le fil sous de petits ponts. Je me suis laissée tentée et ait fait quelques essais avec des motifs en coeur et des fleurs entourées de bordures brodées en coton perlé.




I still have some flowers to stitch and the border. I cut some paper flowers to see how many I can add : a big one, two middle sizes and two small one.



Here are two other patterns I want to stitch
I'll have to buy some DMC n° 5 to try it on a white fabric I have in my stock.

the second, maybe in Christmas colors and an heart cut finish.


Mon encyclopédie propose quelques exemples où trouver quelques jolies bordures.
Nice borders in Marianne cross stitch encyclopedy.



We had to cancel our April and June holidays because of the Covid, but are so happy to be preparing our next departure for Dieppe. The kite festival has been cancelled too but we kept our rental to spend some days on sea side, have some fun with our kites and visit some new places. So, I hope to see you soon on the pebble beach.



4 commentaires:

  1. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I have never seen anything like that fabric but it is perfect for this post!
    I really like the geometric heart too.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I haven't seen fabric like that before, you always amaze me with your crafts and ideas

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I had forgotten that I had some of that Geometry fabric. Our sewing group made a tissue holder and beyond that I have not used it. Thank you for reminding me that I have some. I like what you are stitching with yours.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Love the geometric heart and the fabric is unusual, never seen it here.

    RépondreSupprimer