mardi 28 mai 2024

WIPOCALYPSE 05/24


Time to share with Melissa and the Wipocalypse family the projects we want to complete before the end of the world.

Can't believe I'm late for my post




On FB or  https://measi.net/




My current cross stitching is the Lady with the Unicorn.

I'm stitching the dress and the mirror on the left side.



I have started two projects this month during our holidays.

One will be in my Smalls SAL post soon and as I missed stitching during the car travel (I need my magnifying most often now due to eyes surgery) I have tried some backstitch on a not so lovely fabric I had in my stash and can't use for a nice chart.



J'ai commencé deux nouveautés pendant les vacances à Annecy, la première fera partie du "Smalls SAL" très bientôt et la seconde est une grille gratuite en point arrière que j'ai pu brodé en voiture. Le dessin est simple et la toile assez grossière, je ne pouvais pas l'utiliser pour une jolie broderie mais cela ira pour une carte.


Retour sur la table de travail des cartes d'anniversaires : à venir Capucine et Marylène fêtées le même jour soit le 30 juin prochain.

Puis viendront Timothé et sa mère, de nouveau à la même date soit le 14 juillet.

Pour les enfants je cherchais des idées pop-up et j'ai choisi une grenouille pour ma petite fille et une boîte à outils pour mon petit fils.



Back to birthdays cards, next to come are Capucine and my friend Marylène on the same day June 30th.

Then there will be DD1 and her son on the same day again July 14th.

For the kids, I have chosen to make pop up cards, a funny frog for my granddaughter and a tool box for my grandson.










I was struggling to find the good mesurements and right bending angles. 

Watching some pictures on the net I don't know how I found one of a camping DIY card and when I saw it I knew this have to be the card for Timothé birthday. So good bye to the tool box (I'll finish it and keep it for someone else) and welcome to camping.

Struggling too to get the tent well done, then I cut two strings and begin to make tiny pennants.



Next to come : cutting grass/flowers, a picnic set, campfire, card, book and lamp...


J'étais en train de galérer pour trouver les bonnes mesures et les bons angles pour plier la boîte quand en trainant sur le net j'ai aperçu une carte sur le thème du camping. Elle m'a tout de suite plu et j'ai trouvé qu'elle correspondait plus à l'âge de Timothé donc au revoir la boîte à outils et bonjour le camping.

Mêmes galères pour réaliser le bon pliage mais l'obstination paie et ma tente est montée ! J'ajoute des ficelles avec de petits fanions. Puis viendront les accessoires : herbe/fleurs, un pique nique, feu de camp, carte routière, livre et lampe.


DD1 will received a batch of donuts and for my dear friend I needed a new idea. I was sketching some wardrobes for my Sewing Junk Journal and I end up with the Beauty and the Beast Mme de Garderobe.

Why not use one for a birthday card?

Alors que je dessinais des croquis d'armoire pour mon JJ, j'ai fini par me rapprocher de la silhouette de Mme Garderobe dans la Belle et la Bête.

Pourquoi ne pas utiliser la même idée pour confectionner une carte d'anniversaire.





Après la découpe de l'armoire, choix de la couleur des miroirs intérieurs
Découpe des poignées, porte-manteau, tiroir


First cut the wardrobe shape and opening doors,
drawer, door handles,

I'm adding a thread to hang a coat rack
my wishes will be on a small pink tracing paper dress



Que présenter dans l'armoire ? J'ai pensé accrocher sur un fil - DMC Diamant Grandé 381 un or un peu rosé - une petite robe en calque rose sur laquelle est collée un jupon Love.





In the wool basket, my crocheted dress for Capucine
is going well, I have changed assembling the squares adding a stitch
between the ranks and as I need 3 ranks of 8 squares






I know now that I'll have to make a middle part between the top and the skirt and it can be nice and look better.




Côté crochet, la robe pour Capucine, après vérification auprès du modèle, avance bien. J'ai modifié l'assemblage des carrés en ajoutant un point entre les rangs et je sais maintenant que j'aurai besoin de trois rangs de huit carrés. Pour unir le haut et la partie jupe je vais devoir faire un point intermédiaire, ce sera bien et allègera la silhouette.










Question du mois : Comment faites vous la distinction entre un travail en cours et un projet abandonné ?

J'ai tout le temps des idées pour de nouveaux projets en tout genre, que ce soit en broderie ou bricolages. Mon projet reste intitulé en cours quand je ne désespère pas de voir le résultat terminé. C'est que l'envie du début est toujours alimentée par une petite flamme d'espoir !

Question of the Month:  How do you personally distinguish between a Work in Progress (WIP) and an Unfinished Object (UFO)?

I have always ideas for new projects as well in stitching, sewing ... than in crafting. My project remains entitled “in progress” when I don't despair of seeing the finished result. That's because the initial desire is always fuelled by a little flame of hope!



4 commentaires:

  1. Whew, you've been super busy. Your unicorn is gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing your crocheted dress. Keep stitching.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. A lot of varied projects on the go. The lady and the Unicorn is a lovely stitchery with interesting colours and I love the idea of the pop up cards, the gorgeous frog and the tent, very promising and delightful for the little ones. Pretty crochet dress for Capucine.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I'm always amazed by your ideas.😵And I'm a fan of your work. I like Frog, Madme de Galdrove, and Capucine’s dresses because they have a lot of color and ingenuity.😆
    How are your eyes?
    Please do not overwork yourself with detailed work and take plenty of breaks as you proceed.
    To answer your question, everything is in progress unless I decide I don't want to do it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Oh wow, your cards are always so creative! I loe the little tent and the wardrobe.
    Your crochet is also coming along nicely, soon the dress will be ready to wear!

    RépondreSupprimer