jeudi 15 juin 2023

GIFTED GORGEOUSNESS 06/23

 

It's always nice to make gifts, nice too to receive some
and use them in our stitching projects.

It's great and fun to show all this and the perfect place is
on Jo's blog Serendipitous Stitching on the 15th of each month
for the Gifted Gorgeousness post.
*


Cadeaux donnés ou reçus, toutes les occasions sont bonnes
pour partager nos coups de coeur et participer au "Gifted Gorgeousness"
de Jo - Serendipitous Stitching.



Before showing you what's in June post
I want to share a sweet gift I received from Soline.
Remember she is 7 years old, my goddaughter's daughter and I love to make felt toys for her, the last one was a beach set.

When she knew that her grandmother, my cousin Christine, will stop visiting us on her way back home from Arcachon, she made me a gift for my birthday.

Looking for an idea of DIY gift, she thought of making a beach set too, with her own ideas but "in the Nadine way" she had written to me.



How sweet and lovely!  With all the love messages rolled in the insect house.

Joli petit cadeau de Soline, à la manière de...

Let's continue with felt as Capucine's birthday is at the end of the month and she asked me to make a desert set for her.

I'll put together some pieces of yellow felt for the desert land and will add a small pond for the oasis aera.

Avant de fabriquer le désert avec de la feutrine jaune en y ajoutant une mare pour l'oasis, j'avance côté végétation et animaux.

Yet I'm making vegetation,  I'll have palmtree (s?), cactus, plants.






Camel and dromadery   -    Chameau et dromadaire





Ostrich and bird






J'adore mon autruche (avec ses plumes de faisan !)

Some more "exotic" animals as anteater



My sloth is waiting for a branch.  
Mon paresseux en attente pour une branche à laquelle s'accrocher.

Ici on fourmille d'idées...



Funny to make eyes with sequins again and a long tongue.


and a porcupine



Porc-épic et tatou puis un fennec 

An armadillo





I finally, after some troubles with his eyes, finished my fennec fox.







En réfléchissant au désert, mon esprit dériva sur le Nil vers l'Egypte et avec l'expo Ramsès et tous ces téléfilms diffusés en ce moment, impossible de résister à la tentation d'ajouter une pyramide à mon site et bien sûr une momie s'imposait ainsi que son sarcophage.


Thinking of desert led me to Egypt and watching all those TV shows about pharaons gave me the idea of adding a pyramid.


Couldn't be empty of course...   So let's make a sarcophagus!












Another gift in progress is the wool crocheted jacket for DD1, I have already made 15 squares, I need a total of 24 pieces. (no new picture).



Already shown for the June You Choose post, a simple oval tiny wood hoop I received as a gift from my goddaughter Virginie finished with this small 7 rainbow colors leaves.



4 commentaires:

  1. I always enjoy seeing your gorgeous creations and I do think this month's collection is absolutely amazing.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love the little Thank You gift, what a talented little girl. She definitely has your artistic eye for creating something special.
    Love all the desert animals and the wonderful Egyptian road we have travelled down!
    Serendipitous Jo

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Wonderful collection of felt animals, so clever and a very thoughtful gift from Soline.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. What a sweet gift you received!
    Oh my, more things to love - especially the cactus, sloth, and fox. The sarcophagus is awesome!

    RépondreSupprimer