dimanche 11 juin 2023

STAGE / ETAPE 14/3

 


55 : département de la Meuse

Bar le Duc :    our guest Admiral Nelson, 1st Duke of Bronte was my first key.    See bass is the english name for "bar" which is a delicious fish also named here "loup" (wolf)  if it's from the ocean.

You'll find fishes on the coat of arms of Bar-le-Duc and the means "more thinking than saying"



Surnommée "la belle endormie" la ville de Bar-le-Duc.

Nickname of the town : the sleeping beauty.




No big problem to find the right sailor to link to this stage, when I found that the lock was named Popey, I got it!




Quelquefois je m'amuse de trouver fortuitement les indices parfaits offerts par la géographie des lieux, quoi de mieux qu'une écluse de Bar-le-Duc nommée Popey !



Notre jeune Lorraine enfilera ses sabots pour l'occasion et va remplir son panier de bonnes choses.

Our young Lorraine will put on her clogs for the occasion and will fill her basket with good things.







Singing "As I walked across Lorraine"

En chantonnant "en passant par la Lorraine" 




Le chardon se prête très bien à la broderie au ruban.



The thistle from Lorraine.




who rubs against it, will hurt himself
if you go looking for trouble, you'll find it  /  Nancy  town's motto







Retrouvons notre marin tatoué et son amie Olive qui partagent avec plaisir les recettes de son buffet avec vous.



Olive is ok to share some recipes from her buffet










Le marin et sa pipe / The sailor smoking his pipe











Nous relevons la tête pour jeter un petit coup d'oeil dans ma collection d'enseignes sur le thème de la marine composée au gré de nos visites.

Holidays and visits are always the right time for me to collect shops or restaurants signs!







Nous avons cité Bar-le-Duc, Nancy, n'oublions pas Metz.







On Lorraine' theme stitching, you'll often find the Lorraine cross of course, 






Mirabelle plumps are delicious, not so easy to buy here because
it's a regional harvest
and I suspect the Lorrains to eat them all



Délicieuses mirabelles !

Un petit tour par Commercy pour savourer sa Madeleine



Quiche Lorraine is easy to cook and always welcome on my table




Spinach give strengh to Popeye, I didn't like them when I was young but now I like to eat them with ham and a Madeira sauce.

Have you ever try : spinach muffins or spâtzle?

Pas fan des épinards étant petite mais je les ai redécouverts et appréciés plus tard en branches avec du jambon et de la sauce Madère.
Restent à découvrir les muffins et les spâtzles.













3 commentaires:

  1. Thank you for showing us so many works.
    Popeye is also famous in Japan and I watched anime on TV when I was a child.
    I liked the shop’s signboard because it was very fashionable.😆

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. ell, I was completely lost this week! I do love all the pictures you find to share with us and the different themes! The thistles are great as are the Lorraine themed designs. I am not a fan of spinach LOL
    Serendipitous Jo

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Interesting as always, love the buffet food ideas and the gorgeous embroidery. Love spinach but never tried the muffins.

    RépondreSupprimer