jeudi 29 juin 2023

LIVE STITCHING MARATHON DAY

 This is a fun/serious project inspired by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching.


She always attempts to have her Marathon Day in June (as close as possible to the Summer Solstice).
This year she posted on Thursday, June 22th and worked on 17 different stitchings.

If you want to see her WIPs,  it's right here :

I'm a great fan of her stitching marathon and suceeded to join once in 2017 then in 2022. Easier now that I am retired, I first planned it on last Tuesday but a last minute call from DD1 changed my schedule and I spent the day with Timothé (due to exam period at school). So today will be the big day as DH is visiting his Mum.

Voici les longues journées de juin et un projet initié par Jo dont je suis avec bonheur "la journée marathon".
La plus longue journée de l'année devrait être consacrée aux travaux d'aiguilles (cela devrait être inscrit dans la loi).



On the list (but no-exhaustive list of tasks as my boss use to write it!) :
cross stitch, crochet, scrapbooking and maybe surprise...

Let's start with a cup of tea and DD1 jacket crocheted squares.






Commençons le roman-feuilleton du jour par les carrés au crochet pour la veste de DD1.

A suivre...



Bilan de début de soirée...

Crochet : 23ème carré terminé, l'avant-dernier.

Point de croix :   quelques petits rangs sur le ventre de la licorne


Unicorn's belly done


Cartonnage : un tube de rouge à lèvres et un flacon de vernis







Lipstick and bottle of nail varnish  for a July birthday card bag.

Mise au point du patron pour une carte pop up balançoire pour Capucine.
Calculs et découpages...






I wanted to make a birthday card for Capucine with the idea of a doll on a swing.

I have spent more time than expected but it was my first test with this shape (the only surprise I get!).

So this day ends with some crochet, some cross stitch and more scrapbooking. Looks like a marathon made in a sedan chair! A light program but some progress on cards/gift which have to be ready in two weeks!

Un marathon au kilométrage réduit ou réalisé dans une chaise à porteurs... un peu de crochet, quelques croix et surtout du cartonnage pour avancer sur des projets de cartes/cadeau qui doivent être terminés dans la prochaine quinzaine.


1 commentaire:

  1. I’m so glad you have a craft marathon this year! I love the idea of trying different crafts in one day. I’ll have to do something similar myself.

    The card with the doll on the swing looks lovely. I’ve been looking at different pop-up cards recently.

    Serendipitous Jo

    RépondreSupprimer