dimanche 18 août 2024

ETAPE : STAGE 4/3


 


Nous voilà arrivés à  Melle          Here we are visiting   Melle



Département  79   Deux Sèvres   (seventy nine letters)

The town name is :   Melle                     sounding like   mail



Rappel des indices      /   Some explanations about the clues

Writing letters, the postman, be stamped.


Our guides were the lovely characters of Jane Austen.
Remember the tour 2017 and Nohant stage...





Les personnages de Jane Austen nous ont accompagnés pour cette étape. Vous avez peut-être reconnues celles qui nous avaient présenté Georges Sand à Nohant en 2017.

In this aera, you're near to the Marais Poitevin 


In this department of Deux Sèvres I have found amazing artists

in Moncoutant sur Sèvre, they have crocheted an all village









You need stamps?


















Lunarfoxstitch company


Maintenant quelques boîtes aux lettres    
Now some mailboxes







Et si vous cherchez un tuto de boîte à lettres en cartonnage, voici un lien de chez Tuto Scrap. Une maman qui fabrique deux boîtes pour inciter ses enfants à écrire en s'envoyant de petits mots.


If you're looking for a tuto to make a mail box. Here is one from Tuto Scrap, a Mum who made mail boxes for her boys so they can write to each other!

Postmen and postoffices








Sybilla Davis design






Mill Hill






les brodeuses parisiennes


Owl post office from Jo's Halloween conversion


Le jardin de la musaraigne









Back to Jane Austen characters













Amanda White   fabric characters







Lina Ova pattern










Have you already be tempted to sew and wear some Regency dresses?



Mail art?  making homemade envelops, recycling letters and stamps...





recycling old maps in envelops





from Debbie





Let's introduce you now to Martine Terrien




She collects buttons and show them in old silverware chests.




Laissez-moi vous présenter maintenant Martine Terrien, elle est fibulanophile, c'est à dire qu'elle collectionne les boutons. Comme vous le voyez, elle les présente avec beaucoup de talent dans des ménagères à argenterie.







What about some buttons cakes or sugar with a cup of coffee to wait for the next stage?

Etes-vous tentée par une tasse de café avec quelques boutons sucrés à déguster en attendant la prochaine étape ?





Please be back on next Tuesday

A mardi prochain !







4 commentaires:

  1. I knew the clues led to Jane Austen and writing letters but I didn't guess Melle as I would have pronounced in Mel in English, not changing the e to an a sound as in French. I still enjoyed my time in Deux-Sevres, I wonder where we'll go next

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Yay, I got it right this week! I'm still enjoying my trip around France and all the lovely inspirational pictures you show us. Love the crocheted village. And my Owl Post Office! I have made stitched mail art myself but I posted it inside a proper envelope so it didn't get dirty of damaged in the mail.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Lots of great crafts related to mail and letters. I was thrilled to spot Jo's Owl Post in there!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Thank you for introducing me to so many works.
    I love the knitting village and the old postman on a bicycle. Digital is convenient, but I prefer receiving letters in the post. I want to enjoy using both.

    RépondreSupprimer