samedi 5 août 2017

ALPHABET CLUB TAC V

J'ai participé à l'ALPHABET CLUB depuis août 2015 avec beaucoup de plaisir mais j'ai perdu le fil de mes articles au printemps et compte rattraper les cinq dernières lettres, me voici donc au V.

I took part in the ALPHABET CLUB since  August 2015  with a great pleasure but had some troubles to keep up in spring. I plan to finish it, only five last letters, so I'm back with the V.


https://thegreytail.wordpress.com/

As on preview posts, I have imagined a scenario for those mensual posts
as the creators of this new event offer us a quite total liberty to how develop them.

My own way will go into worlds of stitching, words, drawings, designs, garden, cooking, music and travels.

Evocation of  a word begining with the letter linked to DIY activities
and personal researches on what you could find in my garden, in my kitchen, on my record player (the vinyl one), in my travel souvenirs.




Beaucoup de V comme voeux -  a lot of  V for vow (wish)


V comme Velours - Velvet

I hope I will find some time to sew
new velvet curtains for my puppet
theater before the greatchildren become
too old.








V comme Vichy  -  Gingham

en attendant mes essais de broderie suisse....
waiting for Swiss embroidery

(internet pic)






V comme Vintage



Another big hope, is to be able one day to repair or restore the old Singer sewing machine which is sleeping in the garage :(















V  comme cinq romain







les V doigts de la main,  comme j'aimerais qu'ils travaillent plus vite, wish they could work faster






V dans le ciel



V comme Vitrail  (stained glass)

Great fan of


from cathedrale
to
art nouveau




so inspiring for an appliqué work









V comme Vinci
    Hommage de la Joconde/Mona Lisa à son créateur



dans ma cuisine, in the kitchen

V comme verre   (glass)
petits, grands, simples, élégants, fragiles, cristallins,

voici quelques exemplaires choisis parmi
ceux de ma grand-mère, de ma marraine, de ma maman

I have collected glasses from my grand-mother, mother, godmother and we have bought some too
J'ai arrêté de les compter quand j'ai dépassé 130...     I stop counting them when it was over 130.


Autriche,   Reims,  Alsace,  Vouvray
   Allemagne,  Tchéquie
       Grand-Marnier

pour une dégustation avec modération...

as you can see the pear is in the bottle
our local speciality  













une flûte de Champagne
où l'on retrouve en pied ce cher ange...
au sourire  (Cathédrale de Reims)




dernier petit rappel, soyez givrés...

sirop + sucre



toutes les couleurs sont à votre disposition : menthe, grenadine, violette, curacao, orange...
  all the colors you want with syrup : mint, grenadine, violet, curacao (blue), orange,



dans le jardin

un petit bouquet de violettes















sur la platine Vinyl

Vangelis, Sylvie Vartan, Laurent Voulzy et Village People


dans mes souvenirs de voyage, in my travel souvenirs
V comme Vaduz  (Lichtenstein)



Voilà !





4 commentaires:

  1. A lovely post.
    The singer sewing machine is lovely and I do like the glasses collection picture.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Eh voilà! C'est vraiment un tas de choses que tu as trouvées pour la lettre V. Moi, j'ai du mal à faire une entrée pour cette lettre, lol. Ce que j'aime le plus, ce sont les V Romains, haha, c'est imbattable.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Great post! I love all the ways you find to fit the letter.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Fantastic post as usual. I love the stained glass in particular. I have two stitched pieces in a stained glass style that come out every Christmas.
    I also love velvet and your glass collection too.

    RépondreSupprimer