mardi 3 août 2021

WIPOLYMPICS J11 DAY 11

-----------------------------------------
WIPOLYMPICS   J11 DES JO   DAY 11
-----------------------------------------

New competition today :

The sport is ping-pong!

Because of the cloth I'll stitch on. A face to face sport is perfect for this tablecloth I call "vis à vis", I don't know the name in English (face-to-face ? it's a cloth you put over the table to dine in front of your guest). 


With our reporter Gérard Mokuzai, ready to comment this competition



Gérard, prêt à commenter cette épreuve de broderie de point de croix sur une nappe DMC achetée il y a très longtemps en solde. Un lot de deux vertes et deux rouges. Elle comporte trois sections A4 et parmi les motifs recommandés : bonsaï, carpe coï, éventail et fleurs de cerisier, j'ai choisi ces dernières qui collent parfaitement à l'actualité.


I bought long long time ago on sale four tableclothes ready to stitch from DMC with an asian theme, two green and two red. Put them in a box for one day in the future. That day is here. No better time than Japan JO to stitch cherry blossoms.




There are three parts to stitch
kind of A4 size.

DMC gave some patterns : 
flowers, fish, fan and bonsaï.



I made some drafts, a lot of accounts and decided to stitch the flowers on the sides and maybe fans in the middle.





There are four greens in the weaving of the fabric (a blue green, a yellow green, dark and middle greens and the colors given by DMC are also different greens.

I thought it would be sad to stitch green flowers as a lovely light pink would probably look nice. So I change the colors, only keeping the grey for the branches.

Les couleurs proposées étaient toutes des dégradés de verts ce qui est déjà le coloris de base du tissu. Cela me paraissait un peu tristoune alors j'ai choisi un joli rose pâle.



J'ai également changé d'avis concernant l'emplacement de la broderie, initialement prévu sur les deux bords je l'ai replacé sur le panneau du milieu. Après réflexion, c'était dommage d'avoir les fleurs sur les genoux...

I also change my mind about the place of the flowers, initially I thought I stitched them at the two "ends" of the table cloth but it meant you'll have the stitching on your knees. I'll stitch them in the middle instead.


2 commentaires:

  1. This is going to be really pretty. I like the fabric colour.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. That is a beautiful cloth. If it covers the whole table, it's just a tablecloth. But if it just goes down the centre of the table as decoration it's called a table runner. Because it runs down the centre!

    RépondreSupprimer