vendredi 16 avril 2021

GIFTED GORGEOUSNESS 04-21

Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted by Jo, anything you made for or with gifts is shown on the 15th of each month here

https://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/2021/04/gifted-gorgeousness-april-link-up-post.html



I missed March post, so here is my two months recap.

DD2 celebrated her 30 years at the beginning of March, so a special birthday card to create with some friends of her youth.



A new serie of bamboo cotton and flowered fabric make-up remover wipes for a friend.
This one counts double cause I use a flowered fabric
that was wrapping a Christmas gift
from DD1 who offered us some "Furoshiki" a Japanese tradition,
such a good idea.


On the goose game, I stitched the world map inspired by the pattern Sheryl sent to me.



About the wool dolls dresses - gifts for kids
I fully finished the grey/green one



and I'm happy with the funny look of the mixed pink wool
with this light yellow 






The month shoehorn, as it's a gift for our kites...
a special bag to carry them





More watercolors for the 4th edition of the Tour de France.



Can't wait to start this journey, only a few clues to imagine and I'll be happy to welcome you in some French towns. In 2015 we visited towns well known for embroidery, then in 2017 towns linked to books, in 2019 it was towns I associated with toys and games. 

This year the theme will be "colour", so we will look for towns that are named after a colour...  or almost. 
Some examples around the world for my English readers : Whitchurch - Shropshire or the famous Greenwich, in USA : Blue river - Oregon  or  Blackwater - Missouri.

I also chose to make you guess the name of a famous painter (woman or man, French or having lived here).

As usual you'll have a map and the department to avoid getting lost. Little clues, landmarks, informations will help you (I hope) to suggest names. 

Two posts a week and on Sunday afternoon I'll give you the answers and show you how DIY bloggers reinterpret famous masterpieces.





See you soon!


4 commentaires:

  1. Lovely work, thanks for sharing it with us x

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love the addition to the game and the special gift for your kites! That is a shoehorn indeed.
    Looking forward to the quiz this summer.
    I can't get on the computer until tomorrow so my post is delayed a bit longer!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Ravie de constater que le jeu de l'oie avance bien ! Et que les cerfs-volants sont bien protégés ;) Bisous de DD3 !

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. So many lovely projects! Those cards are beautiful, and I remember all those shows as well. Great stitching on the goose game and such a cool kite bag. Ooo... an exciting game! Do you remember I live in Vermont, the Green Mountains? ;) I will try and keep up better this year.

    RépondreSupprimer