mardi 12 décembre 2023

ADVENT CALENDAR "13th"

 Ho, Ho, Ho...

Here you are, on December the 13 th,



visiting me for the Advent Calendar Blog Hop from Jo

https://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com

As in previous years, each day in December a blogger has be assigned a date and will invite you to come in her house and see some of the pretty embroideries or decorations she made this year.

Here are my 2023 ornaments, cups full of sequins and warm wishes for a great Christmas.


C'est à mon tour de vous accueillir à l'occasion du Calendrier de l'Avent organisé par Jo, voici mes nouvelles décorations de cette année. Des tasses remplies de sequins et de voeux sincères pour de joyeuses fêtes de Noël.



No big story about Santa in my youth, we were living far from the family so Christmas was very quiet.

With our three daughters it was more festive...

More than 25 years ago, we had a great Christmas at home with the visit of my cousin Christine family. We were all gathered when the phone rang and Santa himself asked to speak to DD2 Anne-Solène who was about 6 years old. I remember her look and how she answered a few questions about having be nice or not. Thanks to the new mobile phones, her dad was in our bedroom calling our home!

Knocking at the door of the blog "Tales of a stitching mouse" Mouse is welcoming us with a nice stitching about St Nick. It gave me the idea that it could be great to stitch Christmas smalls with all the names we give to the big guy...   Père Noël, Saint Nicolas, Père Chalande (dialect Savoie), Olentzero (pays Basque), Santa Claus, St Nick, Christkindel  etc.  Maybe one day...







9 commentaires:

  1. Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year. I always love your little ornaments. Your daughter must have been so surprised to hear from Santa himself! I do like the idea of stitching ornaments with all the different names. We always said Father Christmas but Santa is quicker to type!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I love your Christmas cups, great story too, Christmas time really does make lots of memories

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Those advent candles are fabulous! I've never seen the like, before ... are they painted?? Love your darling little mugs of Christmas cheer! My grands would love those, too!! Christmas with kids is such fun! Merry Christmas to you!! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I was so happy to find some in a Sostrene Grene shop, I bought more for my 3 daughters and friends, every one send a picture on December the 1st on Whatsapp! It is kind of "printed" on the wax. I love how it is a must have decoration in Germany or Austria, I'm a big fan of candles, they made amazing ones for Christmas.

      Supprimer
  4. Love your cups of sequins, so pretty. Happy Christmas

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Your shaker ornaments turned out lovely! What a fun story about your daughter's call from Santa.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Oh, that's such a fun idea to have a call from Santa. I'm sure she was thrilled. Love the crafts, they're so clever. Beautifully made!

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. What a nice story about your daughter and the call from Santa! Great idea to stitch Santa's and his names from different areas. Joyeux Noel 🧑🏼‍🎄

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Awe, your cups are just darling!
    I remember being able to call a "hotline" to Santa, but having him call is so much better.

    RépondreSupprimer