samedi 3 août 2019

YOU CHOOSE 08/19


Premier samedi d'août, donc notre article mensuel sur une thématique proposée par les brodeuses blogueuses, ce mois-ci brodons : monochrome.

Tout est expliqué chez Jo :

http://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/2019/08/the-people-chose-monochrome.html



The new theme of August month is monochrome, you'll find links to the blogger's posts who are participating in this SAL, Jo organized since last October.


Thinking about monochrome leads me to my very first cross stitch project back in 1988.
I was more a classic embroiderer (stem, chain, festoon and so on stitches) and as I was visiting my mum I found her cross stitching some small designs for cards. Quick made on easy Aïda, no big deal with large charts only fun. She showed me her book...


I was preparing our wedding/DD1 christening party and was looking for an idea of gift for each guest... then came a cross stitched napkin ring / place mark with the initial!

Let's start, I made 24 units which means in a "double first name family" 29 letters.
Blue for gentlemen, purple for ladies and some orange for duals.






Retour sur une série brodée à l'occasion de
festivités familiales,
re-découverte du
point de croix
pour la réalisation
de ronds de serviette
marque places brodés
aux initiales des invités.

It took some hours (most often my lunch break in office) and I kept the blue color for the new members of our family, here we are now.


I used the same blue for some stitching to decorate the shelves of my dish cupboard.





Never stop cross stitching since. Black, red, white...


An old blackwork from a "Modes et Travaux" magazine, I made one for a friend and the second is somewhere waiting for a frame.





Free chart from Gazette 94





some lace charts and a dark blue for a sea theme



6 commentaires:

  1. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. Monochrome is definitely something I associate with French designers and your post proves me right! I love the vintage Gardening Ladies, or maybe they are very elegant farmers?

    The initials are beautiful too, such a lovely souvenir of the day.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. You've shared so any beautiful pieces for this months post. All so lovely.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Love your pieces. Love all the red!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. You have some great monochromatic pieces there! I love ABCs. AriadnefromGreece!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. lovely stitched pieces here Nadine, I especially like the redwork and the blackwork gardener and the cute cats of course.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. So many lovely pieces! All of the napkin rings looks wonderful, what a treasure for them to have.
    What a great idea for decorating your shelves, so sweet.
    I love all the cats!

    RépondreSupprimer