samedi 2 novembre 2019

YOU CHOOSE 11/19

November already and autumnal colors are covering our trees and inspiring the event Jo organizes with "Let the people choose!"

Premier samedi de novembre et les couleurs de l'automne recouvrent nos arbres et viennent s'inviter dans le blog pour l'événement mensuel organisé par Jo,


It's always more pleasant to talk about our successes than about our unfortunate WIP!

But the theme of this month is Autumnal colors, time to show you my first stitching on linen fabric.

Autumn is the name of a chart from Le bonheur des dames, which propose the four seasons of the year. I have bought it about 30 years ago, I was just back on stitching mostly with cross stitch on Aïda. The linen is green which means a lot of colors tone-on-tone, greens, dark yellows, light browns.

Coup de coeur acheté lors d'un salon, totalement inconsciente de la complexité de l'ouvrage. Le point de croix ne posa pas de problème pas le demi point 1 fil sur 1 fil tourna au cauchemar.
La couleur verte du lin ne facilite pas la broderie avec des coloris ton sur ton vert-marron-jaune.



More a fight than a pleasant stitching, this very old work have given me so many problems...
I wasn't ready at all for such a big chart, some traps in the count to assembly all the different patterns.
Cross stitch was ok, but half point complicated, I wasn't used to it.


I do love the chart but half point on one thread is really a nightmare for me.



Scales were different in the chart and I missunderstood the place for the hats, have to frog (the fabric suffered a bit making it right).

Un peu novice pour le "montage" des motifs je n'ai pas compris les échelles différentes du plan et j'ai dû pénéloper, le lin en a un peu souffert.




Find the motivation again is the most difficult but I'm not the kind of girl who gives up, I think it could be a re-start for my retirement year kind of 20 stitches a day challenge to plan.

Pas le genre à abandonner, il faudra trouver un nouveau départ à cet ouvrage, peut-être à planifier pour la retraite sous la forme de 20 points par jour par exemple.


Let us go back to autumnal colors with this display I made some years ago and I'm always glad to put  itback on branches when the right season comes.




From squarrel charms to tiny wood sheep, 
from hedgehop button to saw and ax from the Christmas log, 
from edelweiss pin to felt leaves
funny to imagine some scenes
all the back are decorated with five trees



Acorns from oaks make lovely ornaments for wreaths, you can paint cupulas in gold or change the fruit for some wool colored one.

I choose to do some with metallic fabric and some carded wool.

From my stash, those wools



Some hot water and soap... and now I've got some small balls I can glue to obtain this result.





Quelques petites boules en laine feutrée pour orner des glands qui trouveront leur place sur les couronnes de l'avent en laine que je prépare.


5 commentaires:

  1. I think your autumn sampler looks lovely; good luck with the rest! I like the acorns, too -- super cute.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. That is certainly a very ambitious chart for a beginner, especially with the tiny over one stitching!
    I love your tree with all the heart ornaments and the acorns are adorable.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I love the sampler, it's so colourful and unique! Your ornaments on the tree are fantastic and I spy a cute little bear and hedgehog there too. The acorns look great!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. So beautiful picture for Autumn. AriadnefromGreece!

    RépondreSupprimer