mardi 17 décembre 2019

ADVENT CALENDAR, DAY 17TH


Since the beginning of December, the Advent Blog Hop offers you each day a new place to visit,

Jo from Serendipitous Stitching proposes every year this amazing blog hop

http://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/2019/12/2019-online-advent-calendar.html

I'm always very enthusiastic to take part in, today is December the 17th, times to open my door and welcome you for Christmas festivities.

The stitching I have chosen for this post is : Quand Noël s'en mêle - Un chat dans l'aiguille
No cross stitch here, it is composed of four pieces sewed on a red fabric panel.
Part of my Wipocalypse challenge, I have finished three charts and started the patterns on the panel.






 

Here is the last design for 2020, an adorable snowglobe.



Pop corn in your hands, dvd on TV, love Christmas movies...

The one I chose is a 1999 movie from Daniele Thompson - Gérard Oury's daughter


Yvette just lost her second husband, her daughters are assisting her and have to organize Christmas holidays with their dad - first husband.  The 3 sisters, Louba, the artist, Sonia, the middle child and Milla, the rebel, are preparing the festivities, time for family revelations, questions on each one future and for emotional reunion and reconciliation. Great movie with very talented actors.

On a more international choice, Love Actually is great and I do my "English homework" with some Hallmark movies, very helpful to keep the language and pronunciation in my ears with the assurance of seeing lovely decorations, lot of cookies and gingerbread houses,
all with great Christmas songs.

As it was last year theme, I can tell you that I'm making good progress singing "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"  you should see me in my car on the way to work trying to remember and properly sing the "pair of hop-a-long boots and a pistol that shoot"
why can't Barney and Ben wish for puzzles and games of cards! 

Joyeuses fêtes de Noël !

8 commentaires:

  1. That is such a beautiful project. I've not seen one like it before. Your movie sounds very interesting.
    I hope you have a happy Christmas.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. What a lovely post, Jocondine! I enjoyed hearing about your favorite movie, I wish I could find it in English somewhere...or at least with subtitles! I can almost hear you singing along in your car as you learn the words to the Christmas song! But I especially enjoyed seeing your stitching. It is so beautiful and what a nice change from cross stitch. I wish we lived closer, I'm going to attempt an appliqued quilt top, and I think I could learn some beautiful stitching from you! I truly enjoyed visiting your blog today. May you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year. I love your festive embroidery and the last panel looks like a lovely one too.
    Thanks for recommending a French film for anyone wanting to practise their French in the same way you do your English!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Lovely stitching; I especially like the manger scene.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Hi Jocondine,
    Your stitched pieces are really beautiful!
    Interesting to read about your favourite film, it looks intriguing!
    You do very well with your English! I don’t think I could manage as you do ..... well not without “Google translate” anyway!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. This is a great sampler. Really beuatiful. Have a great time till and at Christmas. AriadnefromGreece!

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. You did a marvelous job on your stitching. Thanks for sharing.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. It looks so beautiful so far! I can't say I've ever heard of that movie, but I'm not sure it can be seen here.
    Happy Christmas!

    RépondreSupprimer