dimanche 5 décembre 2021

THE PEOPLE CHOSE 12/21

 


For the last post of this year, people chose "Fancy finishes"

everything about this funny event is explained on :

https://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/2021/12/the-people-chose-fancy-finishes.html

Unfortunately, this is the occasion to note that my baskets are full of not full finished - framed - stitchings. The shop I used to work with closed years ago and I hope that I'll be able to make some nice homemade frames soon.

L'occasion de constater que de nombreuses broderies n'ont pas trouvé leur forme finale malheureusement. Bientôt des cadres fait maison j'espère.

Voici donc quelques broderies terminées de façon moins classique.


en coeur,  heart shape for  Le temps des cerises d'Isabelle Vautier.



Spending holidays in Austria, 

I saw lovely stitchings in the shops 

and made one for my house, 

"Gruße aus Tyrol" 

with a lovely edelweiss alphabet 

on a wide ribbon with a bow.


And of course a new letter

to add to the alphabet.

"eszett'






Pendant nos vacances en Autriche

de jolies créations vues dans les vitrines m'ont inspiré pour ce ruban brodé avec un alphabet edelweiss.







Here is my box for pearled cotton, the alphabet is from a book of alphabets  and "Brodway" is a kind of pun because "broder" is "embroidery" and I used "way" as a kind of "path". 




Broadway est le quartier des théâtres et des spectacles mais mon Brodway à moi montre le chemin vers les bobines de coton perlé!

Voici Mona Lisa, présentée sur chevalet par Madame Souris
j'ai repéré le modèle sur le blog de Jo
Foi de Jocondine !



A Mona Lisa from Mr X-stitch, I saw the pattern on Jo's blog
perfect choice for Jocondine!


My Advent Calendar has been part of previous posts already
I can show again the change I made between the initial finish from the magazine and the one I chose instead of the wood roof.

Ce calendrier de l'avent proposé dans les numéros spécial Noël des magazines de broderie avait un toit en bâtons de bois qui ne me plaisait pas, je l'ai donc redessiné pour une finition à suspendre.



I stitched a roof with a balcony, some metallic threads for the windows and some snow and snowflakes charms








Fancy finish or fancy use...  

Maybe you have never think of this... the Aïda fabric is the perfect support for earrings, easy to find an hole without damage.




Petite visite de la maison brodée de chez 



J'ai seulement effectuée quelques modifications dans la déco sur trois murs intérieurs avec différents meubles, canapé, fauteuil, horloge, lampe, cage à oiseau, planisphère.

et ajouté un parquet bois ; le modèle initial avait été repéré sur le blog de Valy d'après les chroniques de Frimousse.

I only made a few changes inside with three more walls with furnitures  and added a wooden floor.



My first attempt making a homemade frame with cardboard and fabric.




A winter design from Gazette 94


A small rug for my camel caravane. Mes dromadaires sont fiers de leurs tapis brodés.



Thanks to Jo for giving to the first Saturday of the month
this fun and smart event, see you on January 1st
what a new year start!


2 commentaires:

  1. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I love the variety of finishes you've shown up. The little house is probably my favourite but I also like the Advent Calendar and the little roller blinds which cover the windows!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. You have a good selection of different finishes. You've given me some ideas for finishing.

    RépondreSupprimer