jeudi 14 mars 2024

JJJ 1 LE JEUDI DU JUNK JOURNAL

Some months ago I found some tutos on YT about Junk Journal, I never heard of it before and I loved it. Too many WIP for more precise research but entertaining to follow some videos.

I took some screenshots anyway for further scrapbooking projects.

Those past weeks, everyday life was more full of worries and cold days than I needed so I made for myself a prescription for something new, fun and different!

I have always loved papers, their texture. I'm old enough to have learn to write with ink and feathers and I liked it. Of course, before using a computer I was used to save invoices on big accounting books. I have always bought postcards and kept tickets, bills, bags to remember museum visits, holidays. I loved also images from stamps to magazine ads, posters and books, anything printed.

Could be the right time to sort those boxes full of memories and collect them in albums. I'm a fan of travel journal, always dreamed of it but never take the time to make one. Everything connected to sewing could be gathered in a special, particular album.

So time has come for Junk Journaling!

First, collect papers, from school notebook to bags, from tracing paper to paper doily, all kind of white paper, all weights, all shapes,  to make what they call "signatures".


As I'm dedicating this JJ to sewing, I have added some pages with embroidery drawings and some old sewing patterns.


Five signatures attached on an old binder I kept from an geography encyclopedia (long time ago we used to bought every week a booklet on a new country).




Quelquefois les journées se suivent et ressemblent à des jours froids et remplis de soucis, une prescription d'anti baisse de moral s'imposait
quelque chose de nouveau, d'amusant, certainement le bon moment
pour un Junk Journal.
Après avoir découvert des tutos sur YT mis en ligne par des blogueuses très inventives, il était temps de trier ces tiroirs remplis de papiers
de toutes matières, de souvenirs, tickets, cartes postales, affichettes, timbres, mémoires de visites de musée ou d'achats pour la couture.

Première étape : rassembler toutes sortes de feuilles : vieux patrons, papier d'emballages, pochettes, calques, napperons de papier, pages de cahiers, papiers à lettres et les coudre ensemble pour réaliser des blocs
de feuilles et les assembler en album. 



When pages are too large I make a fold (I could use to stick some images).



I'm planning to post next Thursday about new additions
and how I'll start to decorate the Junk Journal


Here are some of the videos I love to watch :  The paper outpost, Treasure books, 49dragonflies...

1 commentaire:

  1. Oh, that looks like a fun project! I've been collecting stuff for a travel journal, but, like you, never quite found the time. Maybe following your progress will inspire me!

    RépondreSupprimer