dimanche 15 mars 2020

GIFTED GORGEOUSNESS 03/20

It's March 15th which means updating the Gifted Gorgeousness post,

Gifts we are making or supplies received as gifts parts of our WIP, let's see what stitchers show this month here :

http://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/

Deux tissus à colorier "princesses" et "licorne" m'ont permis de fabriquer un petit coussin pour la nouvelle chambre de Capucine.

I bought last year this princess fabric and find a new one this year with unicorn, DD1 recently moved to a new flat and Capucine has now her own bedroom. New furniture,  new decoration, what about a nice cushion you can put color on!






She spent some time at home during the February holidays and after a sewing session why not some home made cookies...



I'm still working on Violette wardrobe, some new clothes waiting for fitting


La garde-robe de Violette va s'enrichir d'une robe et d'une salopette dès que mademoiselle sera repassée à la maison pour quelques essayages.


Encore plus de carrés démaquillants, ce qui porte mon score à 22 !
Mon prochain projet devrait être les masques anti-poussière actualité oblige !










Maintenant, l'actualité de la rédactrice s'invite sur ce blog, compte-tenu du fait que l'heure de la retraite approche avec de grandes résolutions. Le temps est venu d'établir une liste de souhaits et de trier le stock de laine, de tissus et de toiles en attribuant à chaque fourniture un projet réaliste.

Time for retirement is approaching with high resolutions, The "to do" list have to become more realistic as those new free hours for DIY have to be well used. There will be enough temptations for new technics, new embroideries, I have to use what I got in my boxes first and decide if I really have some specific project for each supply.

For the fabric, wool, linen, which definitive future? (Good luck with that!).

Two big bags of wool : no more knitted sweaters, only doll's clothes, ornies, spool knitting and pom poms.

Fabric :

Some boxes of fabric "I inheritated" after my Mom"s death  -  especially jersey fabric.
Some dress patterns I tried to do for me years ago  - patterns already cut and large pieces for skirts or tops.
Some  clothes which haven't been worn much with a nice fabric waiting for a second life
Some scrap fabric from a lot of homemade projects like house's curtains, tableclothes.

My wishlist includes :   doll's clothes, patchwork blanket, cushions, caps, Christmas DIY ornaments (trees, place mat,  yo-yo shapes ornies), some scrapbooking or cards involving some little fabric pieces, dresses for my granddaughter and maybe for me!



So when I saw on the Internet an alphabet made for kids learning to read I added one project on this list and couldn't wait to try it. No need of special quality of fabric so I can used the colored jersey and do the back of the letters with fabric to recycle.


I bought 6 metres of padding (enough for the next months - years). I know, the purpose wasn't to buy but to use the stock but now I'm ready to pad ornies, cushions, dolls, animals!










The letters patterns are cut into cardboard and I'm sewing the 3 layers alltogether and hope it will be easy to cut the outline (with pinking shears for a better finish - not very effective so far).

Of course my first words will be my grandchildren's first names!

So a new work in progress for the GG post!

5 commentaires:

  1. I love the self colouring fabric of the cushion, that really is a wonderful gift for a child.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Your blogs are always full of such fun stuff. Take care x

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I have really enjoyed my visit today. Your projects are so varied and creative.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. What a creative mind you have! The fabric to color on is fantastic for a little girl, so she could take part in the creativity! I love the idea of the letters too, a good use for all the extra fabric from your Mom. Best wishes on your retirement!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love the colouring book cushions! Such a fun idea.
    The letters looks great too. It's nice to see you trying so many crafts.
    Have you made a count down chart to your retirement?

    RépondreSupprimer