mardi 16 juin 2020

GIFTED GORGEOUSNESS 06/20

Half June is already here, with a new post about gifts made or received, gifted threads or fabrics and all we can linked to gifts to be able to join Jo's Gifted Gorgeousness event.

You'll find everything about it here and what other stitching bloggers have made this month :

https://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/2020/06/june-gifted-gorgeousness-link-up-post.html



My big project since last month was to sew a summer dress for Capucine in a provencal fabric I bought some years ago. As you can see Violette got one too.




J'aime beaucoup les motifs paisley, également appelés motifs cachemire. Ce sont des motifs iraniens boteh que l'on retrouve sur des châles, cravates, mouchoirs fabriqués dans du tissu de Perse. Son nom vient de la ville écossaise de Paisley renommée pour ses tisserands.

I love the Paisley patterns, it's an ornamental textile design using the boteh - Persian, teadrop-shaped motif with a curved upper end. It's a very popular design used for example in Kashmir shawls. The name is linked to Paisley - Scotland famous for weavers.


The "Pyjama challenge" was made in May, I found a pattern on internet to sew a bath costume for the doll Violette and was looking for a soft fabric to suit for those doll clothes.

The question came to use all the fabric and I ask myself how much different outfits could I cut in this top pyjama.

Des nouvelles maintenant du "challenge pyjama", projetant de fabriquer un maillot de bain pour la poupée Violette, je cherchais à récupérer un tissu suffisamment extensible pour cette réalisation. Un haut de pyjama rayé rouge semblait parfait mais je voulais réutiliser l'ensemble du tissu. Une question s'est donc posée... combien de différentes pièces suis-je en mesure de couper ?




Well, we have yet two finishes : a long dress, a dansing skirt,
in WIP : a trouser, a sailing sweat, a kind of kimono jacket and Violette bathsuit.
Le bilan actuel fait état de : une robe longue, une jupe "qui tourne", un pantalon, une marinière, une veste un peu kimono et le maillot une pièce.



Voici maintenant ma petite bande de poupées Zazobouzi complète. Deux filles et un garçon ainsi que leur garde-robe qui bientôt feront l'objet d'un article dédié à cette aventure en confection qui m'a tenu occupée pendant plusieurs mois.



I have got one more finish, Félix is done and his clothes too.

It is the second fabric doll I made for my granddaughter.

I already sew a doll girl Violette, so she has a new friend named Félix.


They can't really "seat", so I thought it might be easier
for them to get some kind of "pear chair"  -beanbag
the pattern was complicated and time consuming
so I chose a berlingot seat. See how they feel cosy here!


With Violette n° 2 made as a gift for Soline (my goddaughter's daughter), I have finished 3 dolls, 5 jackets, 2 dresses, 2 skirts, 1 scarf, 3 bags, 7 trousers, 9 tops, 3 hats, 3 pillows and 3 duvets.

I will write soon a special post on this Zazobouzi dolls adventure which kept me busy during months!


The kids came at home last Sunday and Capucine was very happy with her new friend.


6 commentaires:

  1. You have been busy! I have enjoyed my visit today.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I adore the matching dresses for doll and grand-daughter. My Mum always made my doll a dress to match mine.
    The pyjama top did provide a lot of clothes for the other doll to wear, a very versatile garment!
    Lovely to see the final photo too. I can see why people used to think I could be French when I was younger, the same hair and look to the face!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Superb work, my mum used to make matching outfits for me and my doll

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. A terrific selection of sewing. The pyjama top has made more doll's clothes than I thought you would be able to get out of it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Such adorable matching outfits! Great job with the pajama clothes and Felix is a cutie.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Wow! Love all your makes! I especially like the bean bag seats for the dolls, they are perfect!
    Nice to see Capucine at play! I am sure she will have hours of fun!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    RépondreSupprimer