vendredi 16 juillet 2021

GIFTED GORGEOUSNESS 07/21

 

It's always nice to make gifts, nice too to receive some and use them in our stitching projects. 

It's great and fun to show all this and the perfect place is on Jo's blog Serendipitous Stitching on the 15th of each month for the Gifted Gorgeousness post!

https://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/2021/07/gifted-gorgeousness-july-link-up-post.html


School is over since the 6th of July and I wanted to send to Soline some small surprises for her doll. First a new dress made with a lovely Mr and Mrs fabric I used for my kids years ago found a second life. Of cause, I had to make it double for Capucine too.



L'école est finie, vive les vacances. Je souhaite envoyer bientôt un petit colis à Soline avec quelques surprises pour sa poupée.
Tout d'abord, une nouvelle robe, coupée dans un tissu Monsieur Madame, une seconde vie pour des vêtements fabriqués pour les filles.



Pendant l'été, c'est le moment de déguster des cornets glacés et de la barbe à papa.


I love to do some tiny food in felt for the dolls, so ice-cream and candy floss (we name here "daddy beard" will be funny).

Hope you're ready for a very looong show...

Hamburgers sounded great too, it took me some times but here is the result :




The felt is bread color not this pink from my phone picture.



Au menu : brochettes viande/légumes





More cakes...


De nouveaux desserts en feutrine, des parts de gâteaux et quelques douceurs perlées.


A little riddle now, what am I making with these ingredients?
Une petite devinette maintenant, 
qu'est-ce que je prépare avec ces ingrédients ?


Small shells, gold or silver cardboard I kept from smoked salmon!



Nice scallops, crab, shrimps and lobster
to be invented









Fresh seaweeds to finish my seafood platters.

Voici la réponse à notre devinette, Here is the answer to the riddle :



A barbecue!

Back to cross stitching, you know Sheryl offered me some patterns and I used two of them for a square with a sailing boat and a square with a earth globe. 

Among the early squares stitched was the well, I stitched it with the pattern of the free game but didn't like the result.

Réfection du puits du jeu de l'oie
qui ne me plaisait pas trop.




Plus, I made some mistakes : wrong way for the harp, wrong design for some numbers, I'm too distracted.

Never pleased to frog, I decided to organise a "repair" afternoon.

Back to paper and pencils, with a mix between the two patterns.




Here is the result. I like it!

Reprise du dessin en me basant sur la grille envoyée par Sheryl, rajout d'un joli toit d'ardoises en gardant l'effet 3D avec fond d'eau, manivelle et seau.

2, 3, 6 and 8 are now with the same shapes.




Harp is ok now and flutes waiting for some Champagne!





La harpe a retrouvé son bon sens... 
et les flûtes prêtes
à être remplies de Champagne !





Now that I'm retired, one of my goals is to use my wool stash. I don't want to knit big projects anymore, only small knittings, maybe scarfs, doll dress, winter wreaths. I have mixed different colors to knit with large needles squares for a cover and thought I could do the same with small squares to do a "geek" cover for DD3 with a kind of pixel pattern with one of her heroes. I had a gifted crocheted shawl made by my sister I never used, the white wool looked like new one so I "uncrocheted" it, washed the wool and begun to knit. It's easy to do in the car or watching TV, no big risks for mistakes with only the pleasure of knitting.


No idea how many pieces I'll get, DD3 hasn't choose the pattern yet. I can wait, there are years of knitting here!

Finis pour moi les grands projets au tricot, mais il y a un gros sac qui attend d'être vidé, en plus j'ai retrouvé un châle que je n'utilise pas, cadeau de ma soeur, donc la laine étant neuve, je l'ai détricoté pour faire des petits carrés dans l'espoir de réaliser un jour une couverture façon pixel avec un motif de jeu vidéo. On se revoit dans dix ans !


I had two birthdays cards to make for the end of June and mid-July, for friends who love cats a lot. So I decided to add some funny cats pictogrammes I found on the net to the watercolored flowers designs.




As for the card I made in last February, first watercolor, then flowers or leaves, then add the cats and a finish with gold watercolor.





I'm very pleased with the "Coliro Finetec rainbow pearl watercolor", this time I used the green, rose, purple colors.


Bientôt les Jeux Olympiques vont nous conduire au Japon.

J'avais l'intention de fabriquer des tote bags pour les poupées alors c'était l'occasion d'utiliser ces transferts kokeshis pour les décorer.

Soon, we'll go to Japan for the Olympics Games. Right moment to make some dolls tote bags with nice kokeshis transfers.




Bientôt le programme des Wipolympics sur le blog, d'où la confection de ces boîtes de nouilles chinoises avec leurs baguettes réalisées avec des piques colorées au vernis à ongles pour notre équipe de supporters affamée pas seulement de médailles.



I'll post soon my Wipolympic program and to feed the supporters team, I'm making some chinese food, noodles with chopsticks colored with nail polish.


3 commentaires:

  1. I always love visiting your blog. You are so creative! I just adore all the lovely crafted food. It has set a smile on my face this morning!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love those little dresses for the dolls and the French names for the Mister Men and Little Misses! Monsieur Meli Melo is just a wonderful name. The felt food is just adorable, I love the seafood platter. You have such a great imagination.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. You are so talented in so many ways! I love all the "food" you prepare with the felt. Your grandkids must love visiting you, your creativity shines through all your crafts. The doll clothes are so cute! Love the game you are stitching, I'm with you, frogging is not my favorite pastime...haha Can't wait to see what you'll do with the wool! And your bags for the Olympics are darling! I envy your watercolor talent, I guess I use way too much water, I can't keep the paint where I want it, yours looks stunning! Always a feast for the eyes to visit your blog!

    RépondreSupprimer