dimanche 28 mai 2023

WIPOCALYPSE 05/23

 

Time to share with Melissa and the Wipocalypse family the projects we want to complete before the end of the world.

On FB or  https://measi.net/



May month was totally different from what I expected so...


Lot of works in the house, my cousin visit, two days trip and many health issues so the planned projects stay in the basket.


The result is here, a new dining room, a nice family reunion, a great visit in Beauval and a "take each day as its comes and do your best".




Point de croix / Cross stitching

Only some stitches on the Lady and the unicorn.



Scrapbooking  / Cartonnage

April and May have been full focused on Pierre birth book.


First I thought the birth was for the end of April
so I cut the month and year and stuck them on the page
then I found back the sms announcing it for May
I was ready to throw away the cuttings
when I remembered it could be an early baby
so I kept April and cut May!





Tricot-crochet  /  Knitting


I'm still making tests to find the right shape for the squares I want to crochet for a woolen jacket for DD1.

Crochet 3 and 4, the 6 is too difficult to use with this wool and doesn't look good. I haven't find a 5 in my stash so I think we'll be ok with a 4.

Je suis toujours dans la phase de test pour les carrés du futur gilet pour mon aînée.
Essais avec un crochet 3 peu concluant, le 6 est trop gros rendant le travail compliqué, le 4 devrait convenir.


Hexagones : no progress.

Cats : the squares are different, it's a base on which you sew a crocheted cat. Great tuto on YouTube, stupid choice of black wool for a first test... But with some training I know they will look great.



Carrés petit chat : la base est simple et un petit chat au crochet est rajouté. Super tuto sur YT, premier essai en laine noire à déconseiller (pas idéal pour débuter pour voir les diminutions !) mais avec un peu de pratique je suis sûre que mes chatons seront très bien.



Felt  / Feutrine

Desert set for Capucine is on the menu : finishing the pyramids, drawing animals patterns and cutting felt, making one palmtree.







Camels  (from N. Lafitte patterns),
ostrich, porcupine (inspired by LadyBug on Chamomile)
 in progress






Sloth waiting for stuffing and a small branche


Dessins, découpes, montage des premiers animaux : chameau, dromadaire, paresseux, porc-épic et autruche
ainsi qu'un palmier qui n'attend plus qu'on lui découpe les feuilles




Palmtree trunk and coconuts, branches waiting for cutting.


Gardening  /  Jardinage

Lot of weed control in the garden and as I'm restoring the swing, I'm trying to make a new seat by crossing strips cut in old jeans. 


Tour de France  Jeu 5

Since last month post, we have sailed to Corsica Island then reached the Camargue and be back on river Saône.







For this 12th stage, four members of the crew are already staying at Saint...

Toki is really close, so we'll wait for her a little longer. Because of the time difference, this Sunday solution post could become a Monday post!


Ce mois s'achève sur la douzième étape de notre tour, installé dans la ville de Saint...   notre équipage est presque au complet. Toki est tout près, nous allons l'attendre encore un peu. Compte tenu du décalage horaire, l'annonce dominicale de la ville d'arrivée sera peut-être décalée à demain.




Topic of the month :  What project brings you the most joy and why?

It's my felt projects, because it is something I make as gifts for Capucine and Soline and the kids are very enthusiastic. Felt is easy to work with even it's kind of fragile you can most often find a way to sew it in the shape you need. 

It's challenging too, the best part of the work has always been the time spent on thinking, drawing and creating the animals or characters, then I have to face reality and pull out my magic wand (needle!).




1 commentaire:

  1. You manage a lot this month, even if it wasn’t what you planned! I also love your felt creations, especially that little sloth.
    Serendipitous Jo

    RépondreSupprimer