jeudi 18 janvier 2024

HEXAGONALE

 It's now time for an update about one of my wool projects. Back on knitting in 2022 I finished this BOO cover for DD3 last April.


Made of  324 jersey knitted squares.

I'm pleased with some wool and needles in my hands and I wanted to be back on crochet and thought it would be fun to make something with the nanny squares technic.

I put the idea on our Whatsapp family group with some pictures

and...  wool you believe it!


Three daughters :  three projects, my elder asked for a jacket, a long one with big squares, only eggshell color  I found a pattern on internet :

https://www.mamainastitch.com/arlo-granny-square-crocheted-cardigan-pattern/

and managed to finish it for her July birthday

The end of the story is that she told me she'll finally prefer a smaller one and I take off the bottom to get a waist size.


For DD2, it will be a surprise, I found this pattern for a cushion made with nine squares with crocheted cats here (and it's a WIP).




I proposed a small pullover with her beloved colors for DD3.


But she came back with a photo of an half hexagon/stripes pullover, this one :


So I turn my squares to hexagon, first to see if I was able to crochet this pattern. Thanks to the YT tutos, it was easy and fun. 


No pattern, my first calculations led me to about 60 pieces to do and hope after I'll find a way to add simple crocheted rows for the other half.

Now, I'm trying to assembly all of them. With only some half hexagon for the bottom line.  




From July to December progress



They are not exactly the same size, I suppose I crocheted sometimes less tightly. I'm following the shape of a large pullover DD3 gave me as a model.



As much as possible I intend not to put together the same border color.
With four basic colors : black, violet, purple and lime green.
I used leftover eggshell wool from DD1 jacket only for the inside pattern.

Easy at the start with so many different pattern it's becoming harder and for the back I have to change my plan and make them one by one
to get the colors I need.  



Here is a close pic of the hexagons crocheted together.


The waistline, the cuff and collar finishes will wait for the pull fittings.

I have a total of 57 hexagons and 4 halfs.

Without any tuto, I'm progressing in my own way with the half made with crocheted stripes and I'll make a separate sleeve later.



I have started crocheted rows to join the front to the back for 17 cm.


I had to order wool to continue the work. I added a cream color to my order to use the same quality of wool for the stripes but I found the one I received a little pinky so I'm back with my leftovers and the result isn't so bad.


Then I'll divide in two different parts to let the space to add the sleeve.









Un petit article récap sur le projet de pull hexagone pour DD3, après le long gilet pour sa soeur ainée et le futur coussin carrés chat pour la cadette, voici le modèle choisi par notre petite dernière. 

Je proposais d'assembler simplement des carrés en crochet dans ses couleurs favorites et elle est arrivée avec cette photo d'un pull mi-hexagones, mi-lignes. Donc je commence par réaliser plein d'hexagones aux couleurs mélangées, très sympa à faire. Puis à les assembler en me basant sur les mesure d'un de ses pulls.

Maintenant, il me faut compléter ce demi pull avec une moitié en lignes de mailles serrées en mélangeant les cinq couleurs de base.

Je relie le dos au devant jusque sous le bras puis je vais compléter le devant et le dos pour ensuite rattacher la manche.

A suivre...






3 commentaires:

  1. Oh wow, that half-hexa-sweater is so cool! It's amazing how you are just tackling a project like this from a picture without any pattern or tutorial. You are one talented and experienced crafter!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Oh my goodness, your family do like to challenge you! The hexagons are looking amazing and if anyone can make this without following a pattern then it must be you.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Bravo. All your projects are great; but the sweater for DD3 is really something. Am anxious to see it progress. Love her colors as well. You're being very creative.

    RépondreSupprimer