jeudi 16 avril 2020

GIFTED GORGEOUSNESS 04/20


Voici la mi-avril, le temps de se retrouver pour le GG mensuel
proposé par Jo.

It's mid-April, time to join Jo's SAL Gifted Gorgeousness, visit her here to get all the information and see who had posted this month.


http://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/2020/04/april-gifted-gorgeousness-link-up-post.html


Zazobouzi, les poupées/dolls  (gifts for Capucine and Soline)

The boy doll named Félix and Violette n° 2 (the one for my goddaughter's daughter) are waiting for padding.




Here is Félix and his pillow and duvet - Couette et oreiller chez Félix.

I'm back on making model dolls clothes to use my wool/fabric and have fun in creating clothes.

I had some white wool called "twisted "  and I remembered Mum made me kind of a puncho in a very special point : first you crochete then you weave it.

I wanted to try it so I made a square in double crochet then add red wool to make a shawl as it was successfull I decide to make a dress.



The second is made in vertical sens, you can use the last loop to close the back then you can do the bustier with half trebble in white,  at the end you only have to add the straps.












































Alphabet

The two first names of/for my grandchildren are finished.
It didn't work with the pinking chisels so I cut it in a simple way near the zigzag sewing.

J'ai abandonné l'idée de découper les bordures au ciseau cranté trop compliqué.



I have to do the all alphabet, next letters will be Y, S, V, E, L.   April score :   15/26
Then their Mum DD1 challenges me to do the letters to write her name too, as all my daughters got (due to their father) a double firstname, it will need 15 letters with 4 e, 3 l, 2 m-a-u, 1 r-n.


That means I'll be busy for many more GG post!

Très occupées par la fabrication de nouvelles lettres plus quelques doubles voire triple ma fille aînée m'ayant lancé le défi de pouvoir écrire son prénom composé !

Talking about alphabet of course brings me back to good memories of the Alphabet Club and to learm about what is a pangram : a phrase using the 26 letters of the alphabet :

(35 letters) : The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

Beaucoup de bon souvenirs me sont revenus liés aux articles de l'Alphabet Club et j'ai découvert à cette occasion ce qu'était un pangramme : une phrase contenant les 26 lettres de l'alphabet voici l'exemple que j'ai choisi pour illustrer ce petit complément d'information !

(32 lettres :   Juge, flambez l'exquis patchwork d'Yvon (merci à Thérèse Amiel, un pangramme contenant le mot patchwork c'est sympa pour un blog de brodeuse, on s'abstiendra de le flamber !).


5 commentaires:

  1. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love the little dolls you are making for your grandchildren. The teen dolls look very glamourous in their new clothes too. Maybe a blue and white Chanel inspired outfit next?
    The letters are lovely and it's nice that your daughters keep you busy!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Your grandchildren will love the dolls. The doll dresses and jackets are chic. You will be busy making the quilted alphabet.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Wow! The Barbie clothes turned out so well!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. The dolls look very well dressed, the weaving of the red yarn really does look good.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Such sweet dolls and I LOVE Barbie's new clothes!

    RépondreSupprimer