mercredi 1 avril 2020

THE FISH AND THE GROUNDHOG


Un coup d'oeil au radio-réveil et une nouvelle journée commence. Quelque chose d'inhabituel perturbe un peu ce jour pourtant très ordinaire. Mais quoi ? Mon mari est à la maison mais n'était-il pas là déjà hier, ma fille est dans sa chambre mais elle est partie de la maison il y a déjà plusieurs années ! J'étais moi-même en train de faire à peu près la même chose hier : une lessive, la vaisselle, de la cuisine, couture et blogger. Pas de shopping au programme.

One look at the clock radio and a new day begins. Something unusual disturbs this very ordinary day a little. But what is it? My husband is at home but wasn't he here yesterday, my daughter is in her room but she left the house several years ago! I myself was doing pretty much the same thing yesterday: washing, doing the dishes, cooking, sewing and blogging. No shopping today.


L'heure s'affiche sur le radio-réveil et c'est le matin à nouveau. Encore cette drôle de sensation en préparant mon petit-déjeuner. La matinée se passe à nettoyer, préparer le repas que je prends avec mon mari et ma fille. Cet après-midi je vais certainement coudre et broder et regarder des tutos sur le net. Pas de sortie prévue.

Almost 6 on the clock radio and it's morning again. I still get that weird feeling when I'm making breakfast. The morning is spent cleaning, preparing the meal. I'll eat lunch with my husband and daughter. This afternoon I will certainly be sewing and embroidering and watch some tutos on the net. No outings planned.


Je regarde mon radio-réveil, c'est l'heure de se lever. Je ressens comme une impression de déjà-vu en buvant ma tasse de thé. Quelques heures de ménage, vider le lave-linge, quel est le menu du jour ? Plus tard, je pourrais avancer mes ouvrages en cours et surfer sur internet. Pas de promenade en vue.

I'm looking at my clock radio, it's time to get up. I feel like it brings back a deja vu time while I'm drinking my cup of tea. A few hours of cleaning, emptying the washing machine, what's the menu of the day? Later on, I could advance my work in progress and have a look on the internet. No walk in sight.




Le radio-réveil ne joue pas "I got you Babe" , pourtant j'ai toujours l'impression de revivre la même journée ! Bienvenue dans ma 15e journée de confinement. J'exagère un peu bien sûr, le programme du jour n'est pas l'exact copier-coller de celui d'hier, quoique !

The clock radio doesn't play "I got you Babe", yet I always feel like I'm reliving the same day! Welcome to my 15th day of lockdown. I'm exaggerating a bit of course, the day's program is not exactly copy and paste to yesterday's one, though! 





Bien sûr, aujourd'hui ce sera différent, c'est le 1er avril !
"Le poisson et la marmotte", un titre qui sonne un peu comme une fable de la Fontaine.

Of course, today will be different, it is April the 1st!  Here it's the April Fool's day trick!
"The fish and the groundhog" sounds like a fable title.

See you soon with new report of this confined day.
Restez chez vous et portez vous bien !   Stay at home safe!  Hugs and kisses.




3 commentaires:

  1. The days are very strange, a routine is good but it does make everything seem the same! We vary our walk each day, sometimes clockwise, sometimes anti-clockwise!
    Did you see the news report about the goats taking over the streets of Llandudno in Wales? That was amusing and not an April Fool joke.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. DD2 told me about the goats, it's funny because its' a place we visited years ago! In 1987 visiting some Mum's friends living in Conwy and later girls had exchanges trips with secondary school students there. Very good memories of North Wales.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. A very strange time for us all.
    I'm trying to find the happy times in the smallest of things.
    Take care

    RépondreSupprimer