mercredi 16 novembre 2022

GIFTED GORGEOUSNESS 11/22

 

It's always nice to make gifts, nice too to receive some
and use them in our stitching projects.

It's great and fun to show all this and the perfect place is
on Jo's blog Serendipitous Stitching on the 15th of each month
for the Gifted Gorgeousness post.
*


Cadeaux donnés ou reçus, toutes les occasions sont bonnes
pour partager nos coups de coeur et participer au "Gifted Gorgeousness"
de Jo - Serendipitous Stitching.


We are looking forward to visit my cousine soon
so I want to have some gifts ready for Soline

More small accessories for her doll
like this cleaning set


more grocery with chocolate bars, green beans, appetizers




meat skewers, rusks and pizza

and a box of tiny chocolate Christmas box



I made it with black/gold cardboard from a smoked salmon package
and red nail polish



After the cataract surgery I had eye drops to put three times a day what's better than a "what can I do with those empty pods" challenge

tubes of cream, toothpaste, soap and frying pans for a cheese raclette machine (still under study - made with two metal lids)



 I have started my countdown DIY ornaments
Some felt Christmas gifts :

some cappuccino cups, I can only show you the cream tops...



On the drawing board, I'm not on my watercolor TdF5 paintings because I have a new project about Advent period after a few months of "birthday cards fever".

I love Advent calendars, opening those small doors to find some surprises behind them or only to start the day is a big fun.

J'ai un peu posé mes pinceaux pour le TdF5 pour un nouveau projet de calendrier de l'avent dessiné inspiré par une carte vue sur le net.

I have seen this card on the web and have felt immediatly the "want to do something like this" feeling.

Can't wait to get started, no idea of what would be the final look, I knew that selecting 25 different doors and drawing them will be fun, but it will be too hard to open them all, maybe only a few of them.
After some measurements, I decided it will need two sheets of 24x32 cm to draw 24 doors and the Christmas day big one.

Different materials, different styles or uses: glass door, armoured, tagged, art nouveau, shop, barn, French window...




Sans idée arrêtée sur la présentation finale, me voici choisissant 24 modèles de petites portes plus une grande pour le jour de Noël à arranger et dessiner sur deux feuilles 24x32 cm.

Différents matériaux, différents styles ou usages : porte vitrée, blindée, taguée, art nouveau, magasin, étable, porte-fenêtre...


That's all I can share today with you because after this first step of looking for different shapes of doors and having fun adapting them to my taste...
Then came new ideas :
Can I cut some and what to find after opening them, can I link it to something more personal, should I put watercolor and maybe some tiny ornaments for a small 3D effect more Christmassy, how to finish it and make it stand up?

and it's always there that things get complex!

Let's just say that I thought it would be fun to made one for a friend I think of when I think about Advent calendar!

Après les brouillons et le traçage à l'encre, vinrent de nouveaux questionnements : dois-je les colorer, ajouter des minis décos, en ouvrir certaines et donc que mettre derrière, quelle finition choisir et comment faire tenir tout cela debout. C'est alors qu'il me parut enfin évident qu'il serait sympa d'en fabriquer un pour une amie à laquelle je pense quand je pense calendrier de l'Avent !

A suivre
To be continued

4 commentaires:

  1. You are SO creative! I always love seeing your GG post. I just adore all of the doll house items, and everything else.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. It's always a joy to visit your blog...you are so creative with all the goodies you make for the children. I love your idea for a Advent calendar...I can't wait to see what that will look like when it's done!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. And guess what arrived when I was at work? The most gorgeous gift! I had to open it but haven’t started on the doors yet or the little parcels.
    Thank you so much, it’s lovely even without any of the doors opened yet! And the ribbon is fabulous too.

    Serendipitous Jo

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Amazing minis and you think of the most amazing ways to upcycle things, so impressive!
    What a fun idea to make your own advent calendar. If only it was as easy as you make it look.

    RépondreSupprimer