vendredi 28 avril 2023

BABY SCRAPBOOK

 Since I have received this amazing album from Jo, I dreamed to make some scrapbooking. Not so sophisticated (her was really clever) but the idea was sleeping somewhere in my mind when the news of a spring baby to come went on my phone.

A very good reason indead, I wanted to make three gifts : something stitched, something sewed and something crafted!

I have finished a bib last month and a kit from Zazobouzi kind of little forest landscape with some small fabric animals.





Notre amie Laurine nous a annoncé un bébé pour le printemps et l'album réalisé et offert par Joanne m'avait donné envie de jouer moi aussi (modestement) avec des cartons et des ciseaux. Un album de naissance s'avérait donc une bonne idée et venait compléter mon trio de cadeaux : quelque chose de brodé, qqc de cousu et qqc de bricolé.


I planned to prepare some pages which will be put together with a simple binding comb and bought a designpad (230 gr).


I choose some ideas on the net to make some pages where the parents to be will stick some photos or write some infos.

D'après un carnet de pages décorées, voici des en cours qui constitueront les pages de l'album, avec des thèmes de l'enfance, jouets, jeux, chambre d'enfant, animaux. Et en ouverture la reproduction brodée de l'annonce du futur bébé.


Here are some WIP.


First I received a pregnancy announcement I wanted to stitch as an opening page.






I'm making a garland for the baby name and some small envelopes to receive some cards with the weight, the size or anything concerning the baby.




Then I saw a folded card with a small paper bed and a baby mobile some times ago and kept the idea for a bedroom theme page.







a chest of drawers,  a little train for stuffed animals,  a camera  



I recently discover that there were scrapbooking brads (perfect for the train wheels), I only knew the office fasteners (we call Parisian fastener!).


A stork's nest, little hedgedogs, a kite (hiding a picture), 






These two pockets (old diskette pockets)
will received some pictures or memories



as these little cards.


Je me suis bien amusée à bricoler tous ces
décors, le petit train, ce coucou avec son p'tit piaf donnant l'heure de la naissance.
Un mouton, deux hérissons, des fleurs.
Et une jolie page sur le thème de la musique avec un kalimba à soulever pour coller une photo.
Bien sûr : une harpe, un cerf-volant et une montgolfière (mes inévitables !).

C'était l'occasion d'essayer toute technique de pliage, collage, découpe, assemblage.



I wanted to make a clock for the baby's time of birth and have a lot of fun designing this cuckoo clock. I even managed to make a tiny bird with a tiny beak.





Some music theme (harpe and kalimba you can open).





and some inspiration taken from cathedral windows quilt



some flowers to end the album with places to write some family tree names maybe.


Now I only need the baby to come, to add the firstname and the date of birth!

3 commentaires:

  1. Your ideas, your humor,
    your skills and your love are packed into the album. I was deeply moved by watching.😂

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Beautiful!!! The details are amazing.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. What an incredible Album! Now I need a friend to have a baby so I can copy your ideas.
    Serendipitous Jo

    RépondreSupprimer